the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Look at the size of the machine used to drag that bucket
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Cormanus said:What happened to it?
Cormanus said:Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.
Inhouse Bob said:Cormanus said:Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.
Shame it pulled apart that mountain, but yeah.
Cormanus said:Inhouse Bob said:Cormanus said:Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.
Shame it pulled apart that mountain, but yeah.
That is indeed true, IHB, and I accept that was the greater evil. However, this once, I'm going to stick with admiring that little bit of man's ingenuity. It's all we've got, really. We (humanity) have failed to learn any important lesson since we emerged from the swamp.
Gone in 60 said:...
Our neighbor across the street, Emmett, is probably six or seven and is just learning to ride a bike. His Dad was in the cul-de-sac watching him pedal around.
Emmett is going through a phase where he observes and comments on just about everything he sees. He noticed that “One of your cars is missing! Is it ok?” I explained that I moved it and parked it down the street so I would have more room in the to work on my motorcycle.
He looked at the Enfield, which he has seen many times. With the seat and tank off, he noticed how different it looked and asked me if it was ok. I assured him it would be fine, and when I was done working, I waved him over to see it all back together then started it up so he could hear that it was back to normal.
pdedse said:I'd imagine at some point in the dinner conversation at the Emmett residence the question of when he could buy a motorcycle arose.
pdedse said:Gone in 60 said:...
Our neighbor across the street, Emmett, is probably six or seven and is just learning to ride a bike. His Dad was in the cul-de-sac watching him pedal around.
Emmett is going through a phase where he observes and comments on just about everything he sees. He noticed that “One of your cars is missing! Is it ok?” I explained that I moved it and parked it down the street so I would have more room in the to work on my motorcycle.
He looked at the Enfield, which he has seen many times. With the seat and tank off, he noticed how different it looked and asked me if it was ok. I assured him it would be fine, and when I was done working, I waved him over to see it all back together then started it up so he could hear that it was back to normal.
I'd imagine at some point in the dinner conversation at the Emmett residence the question of when he could buy a motorcycle arose.
rdprdp01 said:Beautiful story and moment for Emmett. He will most likely remember it forever. You are a good man, G.
Nachodaddy said:Careful, Gone. Now that he knows you are such a pushover for cookies, he'll have one of your bikes for a bag of cookies.
Gone in 60 said:Nachodaddy said:Careful, Gone. Now that he knows you are such a pushover for cookies, he'll have one of your bikes for a bag of cookies.
Ha! He’ll need cookies and a copious amount of vodka for that to happen.
Inhouse Bob said:This maybe like that movie "The Fastest Indian." You'll have him mowing your lawn!