What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Thanks for the pics! I've been to low and hi elevations of Olympic National Park and saw Deception Pass to or from Orcas Island. Never saw the top of Mt. Rainer, due to clouds. My dad was stationed at Fort Lewis at the end of WWII. That was my first view of Diablo Lake.

Very innovation camping tent!

My 2002 and 2003 Sportsters were the last year of the rigid mounts. Did only one overnight trip, 2 up, with the wife. Typical rides (before retirement) was 250 miles on a Saturday, almost every weekend.

Sustained 80 MPH on a 1200 for more than a couple hours makes a quick rest stop worthwhile. With 3.3 gallon tanks, typical fuel stop was ~120 miles.
 
SportsterDoc said:
...
Very innovation camping tent!
...

All that bedding under the picnic table was loaned to me.  I just had a thin sleeping bag, and a couple that had an RV in the background saw that I was alone.  They invited me over to their site, shared a few beers with me and told me I was going to be really cold with what I had.  I was grateful as it did get quite chilly in the still of the night.
 
Got home from a trade show yesterday, and the Givi rack for my new-to-me '18 NC750X was waiting for me. Put it on, and dusted off my V47 top box. 
Funny thing, I had migrated to boxes that are more old-school looking to match my CB1100, Bonneville and Interceptor. Somehow, the modern, techy-looking V47 just doesn't fit the character of those bikes. But, I figured someday I'd buy a more modern-looking bike like an NC, so I held on to it, and it's a perfect fit for this bike. 

I'm sorting out the bike, and have changed out all of the fluids. When I asked the owner when the last time the oil was changed, he said "500 miles ago", but he only put 500 miles on the bike since he bought it over a year ago, so even though the oil looked clean, I didn't know how long it had been in there. Besides, the bike had the dreaded K&N 204 oil filter, known to leak. 

Cleaning it up, touching up a few spots, and trying to reverse a rear lowering kit that was installed by the original owner before the guy I bought it from. Just need a few more parts to get that sorted, and thanks to Ferret, who I am now also trading messages with over at the NC700X forum. So far, haven't had much time to ride it yet due to travel, but I made a quick run to the post office to mail some Christmas cards at lunch. 

So, if Ferret has Angry Bird, what's this one going to be? So far I don't think it's angry, but ya never know...
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_6406.webp
    thumbnail_IMG_6406.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 29
Gone in 60 said:
... So, if Ferret has Angry Bird, what's this one going to be? So far I don't think it's angry, but ya never know...

Redbird? Blackbird? Whirlybird? Def. not Snowbird.  Maybe..."Birds-of-a-feather" thinking of you and Ferret collaborating on that forum.

Sounds fun sorting out the bike, getting to know it a little better.
 
Thread starter
Red Bird? Lol

I also have a '23 NC 750X I named Blue Bird (you can guess what color it is lol.)

26M7Z4Y.jpg


my "Birds of a feather"

QVU6mAL.jpg


Angry Bird's shadow .... can you see how it got it's nickname?

5GWMwB8.jpg
 
Cormanus said:
pdedse said:
How long have you had 2?  When did I miss that?

Deary me, pdedse. It looks to me like you were paying attention at the time. See The CB1100 Community Forum and the two posts following it.

Then there was The CB1100 Community Forum

Is everything OK? :P

Ouch!  Apparently my memory is not : )  

I even replied to Ferret when he bought the bluebird!  

My wife and I never even bother to ask whether we've seen a particular movie before...they all seem new to us.
 
the Ferret said:
Red Bird? Lol

Angry Bird's shadow .... can you see how it got it's nickname?

You have a beautiful, fierce flock now.  :)
 
Thread starter
[quote="pdedse" pid='272133' dateline='1765864224']
My wife and I never even bother to ask whether we've seen a particular movie before...they all seem new to us.
[/QUOTE]

My wife somehow remembers every TV show and movie we've ever seen. Something will happen that will surprise me in a show and she'll say, "That's what happened the last time we watched it too!"

I'd swear I had never seen it before. They are all new to me too pdedse!
 
Thread starter
all hail Superbird ...fly far, fly fast, fly safe!
 
Gone, I am lost, a bit lost ... what's up with your stable, and the names of all your present bikes?
Just tell us the truth, otherwise you will lose your tile as Pacific Rim Artist ,  :P
 
Wow, Peterbaron, that's a lot of pressure... Pacific Rim Artist?

We've established that the NC is henceforth to be called Superbird.

When I bought the Royal Enfield, I loosely named it Vindaloo.

As for the CB1100, I never gave it an official name, but when I show a picture of it (easy to do, it's the wallpaper on my phone), I typically call it "My child and the bike I plan to be buried with"

The Bonneville never got an official name, but it's the bike that's always just been there, doing it's job without complaining. Maybe "Old Faithful" would be appropriate. Boring, but appropriate.
 
Wow, you got a break there!

I have Superbird in ready-to-commute form, and have so far run local errands with her to get the feel of the NC. Quite a bit different than a CB1100 or my other classics! She feels more like the BMW F750GS' I have ridden doing transports for MotoQuest, but lighter and less tractor-like.

I was set to ride her to work tomorrow. My current work travel is 60 miles from home to office, then 30 miles from office to Mom's for the night, then back to the office, then home, for a total of 180 miles for the week. A bit more than the average of about 150 per week at my last job.

However, we're doing a big Christmas shindig for work at a casino Friday evening, that includes a 9:30 PM comedy show. So, I'd be getting on the road to make the long trek home at about midnight. Something tells me that being on two wheels super late on the Friday before Christmas might not be the most prudent thing to do. I'll let her sit till Saturday morning and take her to the museum.
 
Thread starter
The NC's feel and handle lighter than they are. Very easy to wheel around off the bike too. Low center of gravity with forward leaning engine and gas carried under seat. Good fuel economy although seeing as how yours is to be freeway work, you probably wont get the mileage I get from mine.
 
Back
Top