What bikes have you bought twice?

:rofl: yea, that's it, the Victor was the one that put it over the top and made it painfully obvious
 
VLJ_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
Here I go again...

4f1ef74fb776e50ff38e51e7240de9ee.gif
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:

Although I do think the beat-down you got for the unqualified entry was a little much.

Then again, you do like to bend the rules!:beerchug:
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
Here I go again...

4f1ef74fb776e50ff38e51e7240de9ee.gif
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:

Although I do think the beat-down you got for the unqualified entry was a little much.

Then again, you do like to bend the rules!:beerchug:
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:
Yep, I'm the Dani Pedrosa of motorcycle message boards.

PowerDubs_imp said:
Saying a 13 standard and 14 dlx aren’t the same bike is absurd.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Different transmission, seat, instruments, tank, side covers, exhaust system, standard brakes, and a whole slew of other things which mickey has enumerated.

Not all that absurd, by this game's standards.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
Here I go again...

4f1ef74fb776e50ff38e51e7240de9ee.gif
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:

Although I do think the beat-down you got for the unqualified entry was a little much.

Then again, you do like to bend the rules!:beerchug:
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:
Yep, I'm the Dani Pedrosa of motorcycle message boards.

PowerDubs_imp said:
Saying a 13 standard and 14 dlx aren’t the same bike is absurd.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Different transmission, seat, instruments, tank, side covers, exhaust system, standard brakes, and a whole slew of other things which mickey has enumerated.

Not all that absurd, by this game's standards.
:rofl: great rider who get's little respect?

I think 1983 CB 1100 and any year 2010-2017 CB1100's are different bikes.

I think any 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same bike. How many changes have to be different to be different? Does 2 bikes having different seats make them different bikes? Side covers? Handlebars? Switches? wheels? Exhaust?
Same basic motor..same bike. They are all new gen CB 1100's.
 
Since there are apparently no strictly-defined rules regarding this game, I'd say the addition of an extra transmission gear and exhaust pipe along with the far larger fuel tank make the '14 Deluxe substantially different enough from the '13 model to qualify here.
 
I’m gonna agree with Ferret AND Vlj on this one.
 
The original post in this thread said:

LongRanger_imp said:
MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?

I have, five times:

2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)

Anyone else?
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?
 
Agree Cormanus...one of MTC's has ABS and the other didn't. Different model? (they have a different model designation according to Honda).... but I don't think so.

CB1100..CB1100ABS..CB1100 DLX..CB1100 Special Edition..CB1100EX..CB1100RS.. they are all CB1100's IMO
 
This one's pretty easy folks. If you believe that any version of the CB1100 is different enough that it should be discussed in the Other Bikes section rather than the General Discussion section of CB1100 Discussion area of this forum, then you could indeed declare them as unfit to qualify as a second purchase of the same bike.
 
How about a second category for those who have spent the most time trying to talk themselves into buying a newer version of the same bike that they owned, but got rid of because they didn't like it ? :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The original post in this thread said:

LongRanger_imp said:
MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?

I have, five times:

2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)

Anyone else?
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?
Okay fellas, fair enough, I'll yield to The People. In my list, only the two F800ST's were the "same bike." The K75's were different model years and had slightly different features, as were the two SV650's, V7's, and CB750's.

So, if you owned two bikes with the same model number and nominal displacement, regardless of model year or configuration, it counts. Ferret and Sea, you're in. Someone with a '59 Sportster and an '89 Sportster is in. Even a '78 SOHC CB750F and an '81 DOHC CB750F (dramatically different bikes) is in, or an original '69 CB750KO and a '92 CB750 Nighthawk. But I'd suggest an ST1100 isn't the same as an ST1300. Peace and love.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The original post in this thread said:

LongRanger_imp said:
MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?

I have, five times:

2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)

Anyone else?
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?
Okay fellas, fair enough, I'll yield to The People. In my list, only the two F800ST's were the "same bike." The K75's were different model years and had slightly different features, as were the two SV650's, V7's, and CB750's.

So, if you owned two bikes with the same model number and nominal displacement, regardless of model year or configuration, it counts. Ferret and Sea, you're in. Someone with a '59 Sportster and an '89 Sportster is in. Even a '78 SOHC CB750F and an '81 DOHC CB750F (dramatically different bikes) is in, or an original '69 CB750KO and a '92 CB750 Nighthawk. But I'd suggest an ST1100 isn't the same as an ST1300. Peace and love.
Actually, I think (at least in the case of Hondas) model number is a good indicator. Honda doesn't consider an ST1100 (model SC26) the same as an ST1300 (model SC51). Even an '81 CB750F (RC04) is recognized as being a different bike than a '91-'03 CB750 Nighthawk (RC38).

So far, Honda considers all of the last gen CB1100s to be model SC65s.

Interestingly, some bikes with the same names eventually change enough over time to acquire new model numbers. The '07 GL1800 is model SC47, while the updated '12 GL1800 is model SC68.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
How about a second category for those who have spent the most time trying to talk themselves into buying a newer version of the same bike that they owned, but got rid of because they didn't like it ? :rofl:
I nominate myself for that category!

Nobody seems to have these in stock but that may bode well for a good deal later this year.

cd8a0e2fb1b3dbbe2691a35ed1e2cf7b.jpg
 
Thread starter
Ulve, the dealers here have 'em, and they're 50-state bikes. Fly 'n Ride? Or, for about $500, Buy 'n Ship?

On second thought, never mind. You wouldn't be able to get a new one through the DMV gauntlet.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Ulve, the dealers here have 'em, and they're 50-state bikes. Fly 'n Ride? Or, for about $500, Buy 'n Ship?

On second thought, never mind. You wouldn't be able to get a new one through the DMV gauntlet.
I think that is no problem as it's a 50-state bike and already in compliance with CARB. Not a bad suggestion. It can be done.

Just checked DMV website. No problem at all if it's already CA certified and I believe the 2017 model is for sure.
 
Ulvetanna, if no dealers seem to have them in stock and no more are coming, and we know there aren't going to be any 2018 models in America, how does that bode well for discounts later in the year?

Seems like you're going to need to get a move on and snap up one of the remaining units out there. My local dealer still has theirs in stock, by the way.
 
Back
Top