the Ferret
Road warrior
:rofl: yea, that's it, the Victor was the one that put it over the top and made it painfully obvious
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:VLJ_imp said:Here I go again...LongRanger_imp said:VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
![]()
Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:Ulvetanna_imp said:Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:VLJ_imp said:Here I go again...LongRanger_imp said:VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
![]()
Although I do think the beat-down you got for the unqualified entry was a little much.
Then again, you do like to bend the rules!:beerchug:
Different transmission, seat, instruments, tank, side covers, exhaust system, standard brakes, and a whole slew of other things which mickey has enumerated.PowerDubs_imp said:Saying a 13 standard and 14 dlx aren’t the same bike is absurd.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl: great rider who get's little respect?VLJ_imp said:Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:Ulvetanna_imp said:Oh yeah, I am so sure that clip EXACTLY describes your "shrinking violet" personality...:rofl:VLJ_imp said:Here I go again...LongRanger_imp said:VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
![]()
Although I do think the beat-down you got for the unqualified entry was a little much.
Then again, you do like to bend the rules!:beerchug:
Yep, I'm the Dani Pedrosa of motorcycle message boards.
Different transmission, seat, instruments, tank, side covers, exhaust system, standard brakes, and a whole slew of other things which mickey has enumerated.PowerDubs_imp said:Saying a 13 standard and 14 dlx aren’t the same bike is absurd.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not all that absurd, by this game's standards.
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?LongRanger_imp said:MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?
I have, five times:
2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)
Anyone else?
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?Cormanus_imp said:The original post in this thread said:
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?LongRanger_imp said:MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?
I have, five times:
2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)
Anyone else?
Actually, I think (at least in the case of Hondas) model number is a good indicator. Honda doesn't consider an ST1100 (model SC26) the same as an ST1300 (model SC51). Even an '81 CB750F (RC04) is recognized as being a different bike than a '91-'03 CB750 Nighthawk (RC38).LongRanger_imp said:Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?Cormanus_imp said:The original post in this thread said:
Seems to me, on that basis the Ferret has it right. The 2010-2017 CB1100 is the same model. However, it does give rise to the question of when a model has so evolved that it becomes different. A bigger tank and an extra gear and new suspension doesn't cut it (at least, in my opinion) when the engine and the chassis are the same. But is the RS model sufficiently different?LongRanger_imp said:MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?
I have, five times:
2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)
Anyone else?
Okay fellas, fair enough, I'll yield to The People. In my list, only the two F800ST's were the "same bike." The K75's were different model years and had slightly different features, as were the two SV650's, V7's, and CB750's.
So, if you owned two bikes with the same model number and nominal displacement, regardless of model year or configuration, it counts. Ferret and Sea, you're in. Someone with a '59 Sportster and an '89 Sportster is in. Even a '78 SOHC CB750F and an '81 DOHC CB750F (dramatically different bikes) is in, or an original '69 CB750KO and a '92 CB750 Nighthawk. But I'd suggest an ST1100 isn't the same as an ST1300. Peace and love.
I nominate myself for that category!EmptySea_imp said:How about a second category for those who have spent the most time trying to talk themselves into buying a newer version of the same bike that they owned, but got rid of because they didn't like it ? :rofl:
I think that is no problem as it's a 50-state bike and already in compliance with CARB. Not a bad suggestion. It can be done.LongRanger_imp said:Ulve, the dealers here have 'em, and they're 50-state bikes. Fly 'n Ride? Or, for about $500, Buy 'n Ship?
On second thought, never mind. You wouldn't be able to get a new one through the DMV gauntlet.