What bikes have you bought twice?

suhawk305_imp said:
2 - 2014 CB1100 Standards

# 0998 purchased Nov 2016, accident and totaled March 2017 with only 216 miles on the odometer.

# 1048 purchased late May 2017. Just passed 1000 miles! :banana:
Me too, I can't talk about the accident due to the lawsuit, I had just done the break in oil change and never got to open it up because it happened 5 minutes from the house. I bought the second one a couple of months later and have 11,000 miles on it.
 
TxPappy_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
2 - 2014 CB1100 Standards

# 0998 purchased Nov 2016, accident and totaled March 2017 with only 216 miles on the odometer.

# 1048 purchased late May 2017. Just passed 1000 miles! :banana:
Me too, I can't talk about the accident due to the lawsuit, I had just done the break in oil change and never got to open it up because it happened 5 minutes from the house. I bought the second one a couple of months later and have 11,000 miles on it.
Me too, I can't talk about the accident due to the lawsuit, I had just done the break in oil change and never got to open it up because it happened 5 minutes from the house. I bought the second one a couple of months later and have 11,000 miles on it.
No regrets getting another CB1100. I have been enjoying every mile I ride it, but old man winter is now knocking on my door. Maybe done for the year.

Best of luck with your lawsuit, hope everything works out in your favor.
 
Ok... I was finally able to corner the infamous Rick Brett in Ft. Myers yesterday and seal the deal on this 1970 Kawasaki H1 500. It’s an original survivor with 16000 miles on the clock. I owned my first one in 1973-74 while in college, selling it to buy a car (what a dumb move!). Rick purchased it about 10 years ago from the original owner and shipped it to England for a thorough cleaning. It spent about 8 years there and the last 2 years at his place in Michigan. He brought it down to Florida in anticipation that I’d actually come through and buy it. He’s a pretty big deal in the Kawasaki Triple Collectors universe. Google his name and you’ll see. A nice guy too! I put a few miles on it and had forgotten that all 5 gears are UP, neutral is down. I noticed that drum brakes really don’t work very well and that the bike was a bit smaller than I remembered. Interestingly, I hopped on the CB while squaring everything away and it felt BIG after getting off the H1! I also forgot that it really needs to rev... it lugs really badly at lower rpms, but once the rpms pick up, it jumps like a bat out of you know what. I’m looking forward to cleaning her up a bit more (I like clean bikes...) but will keep her pretty much as found. She’s a survivor and I want to keep it like that.

Here’s Rick and I sealing the deal...

d76f2cf69d9b68660783d882e04fccf8.jpg


Here she is on the trailer for the trip back home.

9dc81399f4ba372067fbd89a85295214.jpg


Next to her stable mate here in Florida. I will eventually bring her back to Georgia...

1d24529021d7173a00c5417e426937e1.jpg


Here’s a shot of my original H1 back in the day...

5195ca0594964d0a8dbc5fb7c04e4079.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good one, ride4now! Blue smoke and the sweet smell of two stroke!

It looks so small. I remember them being bigger.
 
None yet but will probably be adding a Ducati ST to the stable this Spring. Owned a 2000 Yellow one but they are hard to find so looking at an 07 ST3S.
 
R4N... Very cool. Looks like you need to find a set of original turn signals, and a r/h mirror for it.

Are you going to try and track down a Bates (or is that a Wixom) fairing, crash bars and luggage rack and back rest as well?
 
I’ll be really interested to read your views on it and how it compares with your contemporary bikes after you’ve ridden it a bit. I do like the idea of you pulling wheelies on it!
 
Oh, my. My first road bike was a ‘75 Triple, brand new. Awesome, man, enjoy it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
When I sit down and think about , I've got a long list of repeats:

2 H-D Sprints 66, 74
2 H-D Sportsters 83, 93
2 H-D FLHS 88, 93
2 Ducati Monster 96, 07
2 Guzzi 1000SP 79, 80 (even tho manufactured a year apart, the two were only 300 units apart by serial number)
2 Guzzi V11 Sport 00, 01
2 Guzzi V50 79, 81
2 BMW R1100RT both '99s (first one totaled by a hit&run while parked)
2 Triumph Tiger 750 both '73 (first one bought new in 1973, 2nd given to me as a rolling basket case)

One bike I would still buy again: my '67 BSA 441 Victor
 
3rdbike_imp said:
When I sit down and think about , I've got a long list of repeats:

2 H-D Sprints 66, 74
2 H-D Sportsters 83, 93
2 H-D FLHS 88, 93
2 Ducati Monster 96, 07
2 Guzzi 1000SP 79, 80 (even tho manufactured a year apart, the two were only 300 units apart by serial number)
2 Guzzi V11 Sport 00, 01
2 Guzzi V50 79, 81
2 BMW R1100RT both '99s (first one totaled by a hit&run while parked)
2 Triumph Tiger 750 both '73 (first one bought new in 1973, 2nd given to me as a rolling basket case)

One bike I would still buy again: my '67 BSA 441 Victor
Good night you look like a glutton for punishment lol
 
I have owned numerous V65 Magnas and first-gen V-max bikes. When I was 10 yrs old, my dad brought home a brand new V65 and boy did it make an impression on me. Smooth, quiet, incredibly fast. I didn't get my own until I was 18, and have probably owned 15 of them since. I do like that my CB1100 fuel cap is identical to the one on a V65 Magna.

The other bikes that seem to repeat themselves for me are TW200s and older (late 70's to mid 80's) Honda XR and XL models. You'd think I would learn that those are just what I like and keep one around, but I always dream up some reason to try something new (for example, riding a CB1100 instead of an old Magna).

John
 
Two BMW R roadsters (1100 and 1200)
Two VFR Hondas (750 and 800)
Two ST Hondas (1100 and 1300)
Two GSX-Rs (750 and 1000)
Two SV Suzukis (650 and 1000)
Two Ninjas (600 and 900)
Two CB Hondas (400 and 1100)
 
Thread starter
VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
 
That is a heck of a list though.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
VLJ, thanks for playing. That's a nice smattering of bikes you've had but none are the same bike, so zero points. By "same bike," I mean a bike you owned at one time that you decided to buy again. I owned two different '07 F800ST's, at different times. Same bike? Yep. Ferret had a '13 CB1100 and swapped it for a '14 CB1100 DLX. Same bike? Uh, close, but no. I'm on my second R1200RT, but they're eight years and three generations apart. Same bike? No way. That's how the game is played.
Here I go again...

4f1ef74fb776e50ff38e51e7240de9ee.gif
 
The ferret_imp said:
3rdbike_imp said:
When I sit down and think about , I've got a long list of repeats:

2 H-D Sprints 66, 74
2 H-D Sportsters 83, 93
2 H-D FLHS 88, 93
2 Ducati Monster 96, 07
2 Guzzi 1000SP 79, 80 (even tho manufactured a year apart, the two were only 300 units apart by serial number)
2 Guzzi V11 Sport 00, 01
2 Guzzi V50 79, 81
2 BMW R1100RT both '99s (first one totaled by a hit&run while parked)
2 Triumph Tiger 750 both '73 (first one bought new in 1973, 2nd given to me as a rolling basket case)

One bike I would still buy again: my '67 BSA 441 Victor
Good night you look like a glutton for punishment lol
Good night you look like a glutton for punishment lol
The Victor kinda gives it away, doesn't it? :s
 
Back
Top