What bikes have you bought twice?

Outside stated criteria, but I first bought a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe and two months later bought a 2014 CB1100 Standard. Very happy with this decision.
 
1982 Yamaha Seca 750. Both bought new, one in 1984 and the other in 1986 (I had sold it and missed it). Actually, my fiance bought that second one for me!
 
I bought 3 Kaw KZ750 twins (4 if you count the parts bike). I had a '79, '80 and an '83. They were cheap, bulletproof and I was a broke kid.
 
2 BMW R75/5s, one new in 1970, one used in 2013.
2 CB1100s, a 2013 and a 2014 DLX.

Back in 1970 I was actually after a MOTO GUZZI 750 Ambassador. The Guzzi dealer in New Orleans did not have one, and said that there was a strike on in Italy so he did not know when he would get one. Too bad I said, you are forcing me to go down the street to the BMW dealer.
 
Thread starter
Redbird_imp said:
2 BMW R75/5s, one new in 1970, one used in 2013.
2 CB1100s, a 2013 and a 2014 DLX.

Back in 1970 I was actually after a MOTO GUZZI 750 Ambassador. The Guzzi dealer in New Orleans did not have one, and said that there was a strike on in Italy so he did not know when he would get one. Too bad I said, you are forcing me to go down the street to the BMW dealer.
Some things never change! It's still happening. I'm interested in a '17 Moto Guzzi V7iii Special but my dealer has decided not to stock them. So, rather than buy one sight unseen, he's "forcing me" to go down the street to the BMW dealer. The bike I'm interested in, the G310R, is currently delayed.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?

I have, five times:

2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)

Anyone else?
2 Hodaka 100cc dirt bikes
2 Bridgstone DT175 street bikes
2 Suzuki RM125cc MX bikes
3 Honda CR500 MX bikes
2 Honda XL250 Dual Sport bikes
 
Thread starter
F800GT_imp said:
Not done yet, but second BMW F800GT is a real posibility.
Just a thought before you pull the trigger on another GT -- it's rumored the F900GS will be introduced later this year. If so, I'd expect an uprated F900GT might soon follow. Hopefully it'll have cruise and an electrically operated windscreen...
 
LongRanger_imp said:
F800GT_imp said:
Not done yet, but second BMW F800GT is a real posibility.
Just a thought before you pull the trigger on another GT -- it's rumored the F900GS will be introduced later this year. If so, I'd expect an uprated F900GT might soon follow. Hopefully it'll have cruise and an electrically operated windscreen...
Just a thought before you pull the trigger on another GT -- it's rumored the F900GS will be introduced later this year. If so, I'd expect an uprated F900GT might soon follow. Hopefully it'll have cruise and an electrically operated windscreen...
Oh ... precious piece of information !!! I definitely want both cruise-control and an electrically operated windscreen.
Thank you !!
 
I bought the same CB1100 twice. (and sold it twice) Over these many years I've owned 2 V-Maxes , 2 Transalps , 2 Triumph Speed Triples , 2 Honda 50 Supersports , 2 XL250's , 2 SL 350's , 2- Husqvarnas , 2- CB900's , 2 - CBX's , 2- Road Stars , 2- DR650's , 2- FZ1's , 2- VTX 1800s ' , 2- FJR1300's , .....anddd .... 4- Goldwings , 7 KLR650's - 5-DL650's , 4- DL1000's , and a bunch of bikes that I had one of. 72 total since 1958 .
 
dirt road, do you have a CB1100 at the moment?
 
I currently have 2 SOHC CB750s, a dependable but kind of rough K6 and a gorgeous K1 that is immaculate except for the front brake, which leaks and drags.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like another may be on your future.
 
That would be fine with me. If you like "fenders and fins" it pretty much means the CB or a Bonnie. Of course I like both. Hey...that would be a cool rally - CB's and Bonnevilles co-mingling here in the mountains. (Or down under)
 
On a trip last summer, a guy approached me about my CB1100 and it was obvious he was familiar with them. Then he tells me he has one as well, that in fact, he bought two brand new 2013's at the same time. One he rides and the other is for "the future" and untouched. I forgot to ask him if he was a member here.

Me, three years ago I bought a Yamaha xs650 which needed a lot of work, sold it for what I paid, then bought another one in pretty good condition, rode it for half a year, then sold it for nearly what I paid...it just felt like a matter of time before major issues were coming, and I realized I didn't have the time / inclination to work extensively on it.

That realization helped my decide to buy the CB1100!
 
Back
Top