Back in June 2014, Pterodactyl posted that he was off to the Wintersun Run. When I said it sounded good, he invited me to join him. It was very short notice, but, despite a concern that I might be off to meet an axe murder, my wife encouraged me so off I went. Turned out that at almost the same time Mrs Pterodactyl expressed a similar concern about axe murders. Another CB1100 friendship was born. So, too, was a continuing interest in CB1100 touring. That tale is told here and [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3324&highlight=Wintersun]here.
Although any number of people said Lake Mungo was worth a look, the long dirt road ride involved in the aftermath of rain put it out of the question.
The woman at the café told us about an alternative route to Mildura which would take us past Fletcher’s Lake. She claimed it was pretty when there was water in it. It was.
An afternoon of flat racing, a spit roast, plenty of motorcycle and other conversation around the fire pit at the Mildura Motorcycle Club made for a rather-too-good afternoon and evening.
A couple of bikes hanging around
I enjoyed seeing one of the new Kawasaki Z900RS in the metal. I liked it. Pterodactyl didn’t. It’s owner was sporting an interesting hoodie—see here.
An absoluetly fantastic read while Moto 2 was running and waiting for the Dutch GP at Assen to start. You are quite the story teller and picture taker my friend. Always informational and entertaining.
Congrats on the milestones Cormanus.
(Wow my response got interrupted by one heck of a Moto GP race lol.)
Cormanus, another great tale of two biker 'bros' livin' the life.
BTW your fuel economy seems amazing to me. My CB only gets 5.7 Lt/100 Km, probably all that Powercommander / Autotune stuff just messing with Honda's finely tuned instrument.
My fuel economy is way, way worse since I moved back to the city. Around town I often get between 6-7 litres/100km. I'm sure my average is what it is because of the amount of long-distance riding I do.
Thank you all for the kind words. Stichill, the comparison to Patrick O'Brian is flatter indeed. Of the three British fiction writers on the Napoleonic navy that I'm familiar with—CS Forester, Alexander Kent and Patrick O'Brian—he was the best, I think. It's interesting because something came up about him recently and I learned of the controversy over his early life.
I didn't have time to read this when it was written. Over the next couple of months (don't ask...) I'll have some time when I'll have the computer, plenty of time on hand and no Internet connection. I'm figuring out a way to download the whole thread for off-line reading, with due attention and great pleasure. Thanks.
I also had to reread it as i skimmed the 1st time mostly interested in the most interesting photo's . what a wonderful read and so well written it almost makes you think your there minus the dust and dead animal smell
here in the southern US we have a long history of problem solving that actually had a very none politically correct name that is better to have gone by. however when implemented it would have solved your broken snap problem in most haste by using Duct Tape or for a more high tech repair Gorilla Tape