:rofl: 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Well, if it was just the one, congratulate yourself on making the commitment.Charlie Bravo_imp said:I bought a BMW R1100RT for touring, and picked up the CB1100 for city (suburban) duty, but touring has not happened 'cause I have to keep working to make the mortgage (long story) but now that the move to TX is looming, I decided to take only one bike to TX, for that I recently chose a 2003 Suzi V-Strom 1000 as I only want to take one bike, figuring it would do as a single all-rounder with some adventure in there somewhere.

Well, if it was just the one, congratulate yourself on making the commitment.GoldOxide_imp said:Well, if it was just the one, congratulate yourself on making the commitment.Charlie Bravo_imp said:I bought a BMW R1100RT for touring, and picked up the CB1100 for city (suburban) duty, but touring has not happened 'cause I have to keep working to make the mortgage (long story) but now that the move to TX is looming, I decided to take only one bike to TX, for that I recently chose a 2003 Suzi V-Strom 1000 as I only want to take one bike, figuring it would do as a single all-rounder with some adventure in there somewhere.
Nobody, but nobody at the Forum will judge you for not picking the CB1100.
(nobody)

(+1) If the CB1100 resonates with you, definitely maintain ownership for sure. It is a solid ride.Charlie Bravo_imp said:You knew this was going to happen. I took the CB for little ride just to get it out of the barn, and as I'm going down PCH on a beautiful sunny day, it occurred to me, I really this bike! It does most everything so well, so of course I've changed my mind and am going to the keep the CB and the Suzi, take them both to TX and see how it goes. The BMW is for sale.
A seasoned machine is all the more sweeter. I still fall asleep instantly with that inline-4 mill droning in ma head.The ferret_imp said:its amazing, after 8 years and 65,000 miles on 2 CB 1100's, I still find it a most enjoyable motorcycle every time I ride it out of the driveway.

What's the stroy with the first one, did you buy a '13 and then liked the DLX '14 better when it came out the following year? Or was it something else?The ferret_imp said:its amazing, after 8 years and 65,000 miles on 2 CB 1100's, I still find it a most enjoyable motorcycle every time I ride it out of the driveway.


What's the story with the first one, did you buy a '13 and then liked the DLX '14 better when it came out the following year? Or was it something else?pdedse_imp said:What's the stroy with the first one, did you buy a '13 and then liked the DLX '14 better when it came out the following year? Or was it something else?The ferret_imp said:its amazing, after 8 years and 65,000 miles on 2 CB 1100's, I still find it a most enjoyable motorcycle every time I ride it out of the driveway.
j3gq_imp said:Back to square one, imagine you want a real good tourer with the following specs:
- under 200 kg / 450 lbs. empty,
- gross at least 170 kg higher
- any power or torque (who cares at today's speed limits)
- overall good quality, comfort seat and position for 1, better for 2,
- and no matter how old.
What would you buy ?
Agreed with the 2-up opinion on a small-med twin.The ferret_imp said:IMO there are very few bikes worth touring on under 450#. As matter of fact I can't think of one. Especially one capable of two up touring.
Even the 900 Tracer GT weighs 474# without side cases according to Yamaha's spec sheet
Product Lineup | Yamaha Motorsports, USA
A Tracer 700GT is rated at 432 pounds without bags and hardware, so it would be just over your lower limit of 450 pounds with bags, but personally I would not tour 2 up on a 700cc parallel twin. I might tour single up on a 700 class bike. I'm sure 2 average people plus gear and packed luggage would exceed the mfgs GVWR.
and neither of those bikes include a trunk.
not sure what gross at least 170kg higher means?