Top Box (trunk)

Im surprised that Happy Trails luggage, (particularly their top boxes) doesn't get much traction with us on this forum . US company out of Idaho. Their hard luggage is made here, has a stellar rep and is a decent value (especially when they run their sales like they're doing right now). Next time I'm out around Boise I plan to stop at their factory store and look really hard at a top box. The four mounting points on the OEM rack appear to be ideal for mounting one of those top boxes.

Top Boxes - Hard Luggage Systems - Happy Trails Products
 
Randy B_imp said:
Yes I got it all from Takashi and it has held up very well, although I haven't ridden all that much. Between the healing time after my accident and then not working, I just wasn't getting out of the house. And now with my hip issues I haven't found the courage to go for any sort of distance on it yet.
Today was my first time on it in about two months, since I had that REALLY bad pain in my hip that, as it turns out, is arthritis. Yuk.
Randy:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the hip. You and "popgun" both appear to have a Road Comet fairing. I think they look cool, but I'm wondering how much protection they offer on a long trip. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Glenn
 
Frulk_imp said:
Im surprised that Happy Trails luggage, (particularly their top boxes) doesn't get much traction with us on this forum . US company out of Idaho. Their hard luggage is made here, has a stellar rep and is a decent value (especially when they run their sales like they're doing right now). Next time I'm out around Boise I plan to stop at their factory store and look really hard at a top box. The four mounting points on the OEM rack appear to be ideal for mounting one of those top boxes.

Top Boxes - Hard Luggage Systems - Happy Trails Products

First time I've seen mention of them here on the forum. They appear more geared toward the adventure bike line. BMW GS's, SV 650/1000, Tenere and the like. Not really styled for our bikes...although I must say I thought the couple from BE doing the around the world tour on their CB's, their bikes looked really good in adventure guise.
 
Glenn, A lot of us have the Road Comet (either the 1 or 2). But I can't really speak to protection on a long trip as if I go on one I take the ST1300. And it has a big fairing :)

I'm sure someone with a Road Comet can comment long trip protection though.

If I was going on a trip with the CB I'd put on my NC EX shield on.
 
I have a cheap $70 Emgo top box for my CB. It is water tight and big enough for one full face helmet. However, it is not fancy looking, more utilitarian.
Here are a few pics.
6bfc1791afea77d9fb9512db3f48dd5a.jpg
a78446a4734e5777cc4e8538dfff9617.jpg
 
glennrcompton_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Yes I got it all from Takashi and it has held up very well, although I haven't ridden all that much. Between the healing time after my accident and then not working, I just wasn't getting out of the house. And now with my hip issues I haven't found the courage to go for any sort of distance on it yet.
Today was my first time on it in about two months, since I had that REALLY bad pain in my hip that, as it turns out, is arthritis. Yuk.
Randy:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the hip. You and "popgun" both appear to have a Road Comet fairing. I think they look cool, but I'm wondering how much protection they offer on a long trip. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Glenn
Randy:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the hip. You and "popgun" both appear to have a Road Comet fairing. I think they look cool, but I'm wondering how much protection they offer on a long trip. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Glenn
It definitely takes the pressure off the chest, but it's not like having a full windscreen. 75 mph for long stretches is no problem with it, but I would get fatigued without it for sure.
 
I just purchased one from Samurider and they painted it blue to match my gas tank. Really nice.
Dave_imp said:
Has anybody purchased the top box (trunk) from Samurider? If "yes", is it possible to provide your comments and possibly some pictures?

Thank you.
 
That is exactly what I want but with blue side covers.

Congrats.

I find the hinge pin on the box on mine works it way out with opening the box.

Keep an eye on it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Back
Top