Accessory Install: SW-Motech Top Case

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
There is a great convenience factor that happens when you equip your motorcycle with luggage. For the kind of riding I do, a SW-Motech Urban Top Case is a great fit. I documented in the following Thread why I selected the SW-Motech Urban Case and what it has enabled for me:

The CB1100 Community Forum

For those interested in doing your own install work, this Thread documents the installation process.

Step 1: Receive the Top Case and inspect the box for any sign of damage. All SW-Motech Products are manufactured in Germany and shipped. Check for any impact damage and take pictures if something is found:

N8Gj5VM.jpg


Step 2: Carefully unpack the Top Case. Note that SW-Motech is a world-class supplier. Be careful with box cutters and blades. Everything is tightly packed to reduce damage and weight. Be careful while using a blade to open a box or pouch:

EMK5o9n.jpeg


Step 3: Inspect the Top Case and all of its components. Review the installation documentation to confirm that everything has shipped and has arrived without damage:

lyxrRy5.png


nFsUYsI.jpeg


Step 4: Prepare and organize your work area. You will need a torque wrench to complete the installation properly:

2QRnAuK.jpeg


Step 5: Review the instruction instructions and organize your parts staging such that your parts align with each step.

SR3mkJK.jpeg


FHqei6F.jpeg


Step 6: Open the case and flip up the inner lining so you have clear access to install the form rubber base and stabilizing cover plate. Use a standard driver for feeding the screws and then use a torque wrench to tighten all screws to 2.5 N-m. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure that all spacers are installed properly. Those spacers will ensure a snug fit and prevent noise and vibration. When everything is torque properly, then install the screw covers and return the inner lining to the "inside" of the Top Case.

wQqdeaY.jpeg


kDQmuBC.jpeg


QV9leKN.jpeg


gZPcTOA.jpeg


tgngLq4.jpeg


Step 7: Attach the straps to the top case:

aOVv6Mz.jpeg


Step 8: Secure the Top Case to your seat or rear carrier using the straps. Note that straps should be snug but not stressfully tight. The Top Case sits well on a CB1100 and will not shift as long as the four corners of the Top Case are securely strapped to the mounting posts on the motorcycle.

YPsg9ZB.jpg
 
Looks nice and tight, rdprdp01... please include some side views when you get the chance, maybe out in the wilds so we get a good look.
 
Thread starter
[quote="pdedse" pid='270740' dateline='1757031100']
Looks nice and tight, rdprdp01... please include some side views when you get the chance, maybe out in the wilds so we get a good look.
[/QUOTE]

Here are a couple of pictures I have already taken. When I return to California, I will gladly take some more when I go looking for a windmill to park my motorcycle next for this month's pictures!

zxWtFhX.jpeg


sqR5gZM.jpeg


More to follow. David
 
^^ beautiful bike ^^

SW-Motech is a quality and durable product.
I had their side racks and side panniers on my 2013 CB, then moved them to my 2014 std, and finally to my DLX... over 160,000 km combined = no problems.
I have their rear rack on my Z650RS = perfect fit.
 
Back
Top