Top Box (trunk)

dave

Road warrior
Thread starter
Has anybody purchased the top box (trunk) from Samurider? If "yes", is it possible to provide your comments and possibly some pictures?

Thank you.
 
What would you like to know?

a766e5784a8b4f1f7cc04fa6bc0cdbe6.jpg


446c6d57e6b45fa66e424b05d7e949c6.jpg


975ef3afa17f48330a330d555f77c709.jpg
 
Thread starter
Hi Randy, your bike looks great! Thanks for all the pictures! How do you like the trunk? Do you ride a passenger; is your passenger happy with the back rest? My wife wants a back rest, and I would like a truck, so this seems like a logical solution. I already purchased the carrier from Samurider for my 2014. Can the trunk be removed quickly & easily? It looks a little larger than I thought - does it feel top-heavy? Thanks again for all the great pictures Randy.
 
I don't have a passenger so I really can't help you there, but I use it all the time for my helmet when I go out. Too many people out here tend to think they need your stuff more than you do, or (believe it or not) think it's a bathroom. I just feel much better with the helmet out of sight than hanging off the side of the bike for people to mess with.
I doesn't feel top heavy at all and I didn't notice any appreciable change in the handling of the bike at speed with it either.
It is VERY easy to remove the box. Unlock it and there is a lever under the latch (lower on the box) that you slide up and then lift slightly and push the box forward and it comes right off. Easy, peasy.
 
And please where is the ladder to swing an old leg over this okolyt at the bikes very end.
If it had a kind of illumination at his summit it would be easily a fine kind of a lighthouse at landsend.
Or has to be a heli at hand?
hb9400_imp said:
Dave,

You can also purchase a plate and trunk from Givi for your CB1100. I have the Givi V46 and it's been an excellent edition.

Cases
 
Randy B_imp said:
I don't have a passenger so I really can't help you there, but I use it all the time for my helmet when I go out. Too many people out here tend to think they need your stuff more than you do, or (believe it or not) think it's a bathroom. I just feel much better with the helmet out of sight than hanging off the side of the bike for people to mess with.
I doesn't feel top heavy at all and I didn't notice any appreciable change in the handling of the bike at speed with it either.
It is VERY easy to remove the box. Unlock it and there is a lever under the latch (lower on the box) that you slide up and then lift slightly and push the box forward and it comes right off. Easy, peasy.
Have you *seriously* had somebody go to the bathroom in your helmet? Wow...
 
pechorin75_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
I don't have a passenger so I really can't help you there, but I use it all the time for my helmet when I go out. Too many people out here tend to think they need your stuff more than you do, or (believe it or not) think it's a bathroom. I just feel much better with the helmet out of sight than hanging off the side of the bike for people to mess with.
I doesn't feel top heavy at all and I didn't notice any appreciable change in the handling of the bike at speed with it either.
It is VERY easy to remove the box. Unlock it and there is a lever under the latch (lower on the box) that you slide up and then lift slightly and push the box forward and it comes right off. Easy, peasy.
Have you *seriously* had somebody go to the bathroom in your helmet? Wow...
Have you *seriously* had somebody go to the bathroom in your helmet? Wow...

I haven't, but it does happen around here more than I can reasonably understand. I belong to another local forum and I have seen that posted from time to time. It's rather disgusting.
 
Having been a motor officer at one time, I've seen officers return to their bike to see that someone has spit on the seat. I don't want to imagine what would happen if they left their helmet.
 
Thread starter
Thank you Redman, I'll check this out. Do you own one? Do you like it? Does it have a back rest on it? I have to keep the wife happy.
 
Thread starter
About 30 years ago a friend of mine rode his CB400F (remember these?) to a bar and parked it with his helmet attached to the hanger. When he returned someone actually did urinate in it. I didn't mention - this was primarily a "Harley" bar.
 
Dave, I also have a Givi top case. It's not the 46—more like 34, I think—but it's been a great addition. Both for storage and passenger comfort.
 
I looked at the Honda top case to see what size it is and then bought and mounted a Givi case. I think it is the B37. There are many to chose from and also other brands.

It had a backrest option but I don't need it. I did get the light kit.
 
One option is a GIVI Trekker 46L. A guy who went on our Lake Superior Iron Butt took a pic of me doing about 80mph. I really like it.

dd9519b96216e43a5d8cfbfab32c36e8.jpg
 
Randy B' pid='69069' dateline='1418956459 said:
What would you like to know?

Hi Randy:

I've got a quote from Samurider on the black top box and it's pricey with shipping (~$700); has yours held up? Did you also get the fairing from them?

Thanks,
Glenn
 
Until Randy replies-- the Honda box is expensive. Givi is not cheap but is cheaper. Shad is a nice option and cheaper than Givi.

The fairing is a Rode Comet (I have one, a RC1) with a touring screen and is available from Samurider. The touring screen is not available anymore though, just the regular clear or tinted. I don't know why.
 
The Honda top box from Samurider comes with the rear rack and mounting plate. That being said it's still expensive. I have a red one and really having the lockable storage.

The rear rack bought separately is $209 and some manufacturers, like Givi, charge you extra for the mounting plate.
 
Yes I got it all from Takashi and it has held up very well, although I haven't ridden all that much. Between the healing time after my accident and then not working, I just wasn't getting out of the house. And now with my hip issues I haven't found the courage to go for any sort of distance on it yet.
Today was my first time on it in about two months, since I had that REALLY bad pain in my hip that, as it turns out, is arthritis. Yuk.
 
Back
Top