emptysea
Road warrior
OK...so I'm getting a torque wrench. Mainly to prove I'm a man. Might opt for a mid-quality version to prove that I'm a man who can at once recognize quality machining and a good value. Sears opens at 10
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
EmptySea_imp said:OK...so I'm getting a torque wrench. Mainly to prove I'm a man. Might opt for a mid-quality version to prove that I'm a man who can at once recognize quality machining and a good value. Sears opens at 10
takes a 24 mm wrench an the torque is 16 ft lbsIndianRider_imp said:Ferret you may want to add the size for the Front Fork Top caps which is 24 or 25 mm if you can find it in the manual - I used a high quality adjustable wrench .
Thanks
Question about JIS screws and drivers: Does anyone know whether old 1960's era Hondas used JIS screws for the side cases? I am doing some long needed projects on my 1967 CB77 (new handlebars, cables, etc.) and I need to pull the side case off. Historically, I used my old trusty Craftsman impact driver with the appropriate sized phillips bit, to break the screws loose.The ferret_imp said:Well learn something new everyday....jis stands for Japanese Industrial Standard and apparently Japanes screws are not really phillips head but JIS head. Interesting. Apparently if you grind .020 to .030 off the end of a phillips it will do a better job on Japanese screw by going deeper into the slot.
Thanks for the education ridesalot!

It's a new one on me too.The ferret_imp said:Never seen a torque tester. What does it look like and how does it work?
I'll post a photo once I figure out some photobucket quirks.The ferret_imp said:Never seen a torque tester. What does it look like and how does it work?
Toothache?Cormanus_imp said:Wish I'd had an impact driver today, although nothing at all to do with motorcycles ...
The ferret_imp said:EmptySea_imp said:OK...so I'm getting a torque wrench. Mainly to prove I'm a man. Might opt for a mid-quality version to prove that I'm a man who can at once recognize quality machining and a good value. Sears opens at 10
:rofl:
Just wait until you get into the wet threads / dry threads discussion with people after you have bought your Torque wrench. ( hint like a small oil thread)
Thanks Popgun. I saw something similar on the Bike Bandit web page. I may piecemeal from this list. Thanks for the info.Lord Popgun_imp said:We don't get a real (or full) tool kit in the US. Only an allen wrench, fuse puller and screwdriver or something. If you want a full kit you can order the parts. They are in the fiche. Here is a link for the DLX: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2014/CB1100SA+AC/TOOL/parts.html
While changing the oil in my 2013 today I realized that I don't have a tool kit. Thanks for the timely link.Lord Popgun_imp said:We don't get a real (or full) tool kit in the US. Only an allen wrench, fuse puller and screwdriver or something. If you want a full kit you can order the parts. They are in the fiche. Here is a link for the DLX: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2014/CB1100SA+AC/TOOL/parts.html