There's A New CB1100 Deluxe In The House!

Wow, nice find! You guys made a great road trip even better with the museum visit. Now it's time to start enjoying the new CB. Have fun and stay safe!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the nice comments and welcomes!

I was able to have my first bonding session with the bike. It was dusty and dirty so I gave it a thorough detailing. No surprise, it is like a new bike. The warning stickers were still on the tank and the clear vinyl protective film was still on both sides of the swingarm. After detailing the tank there isn't the slightest scratch anywhere. It shines like a red ruby!



I went for a short ride and my first impression is it's like riding a Swiss watch! It is very refined and everything works as it should. I can tell I will be bonding well with this bike in the days to come.
 
dsinned_imp said:
CONGRATS! Going to the museum must of been an added treat. Did the curator or anyone there ask about your bike in the parking lot? Not that its a "museum piece", but is certainly a WORK OF ART!
Good thing the curator didn't see it or it would have been off the trailer and in the museums prime spot faster than you can say DLX!!!

WORK OF ART + most likely only 300 made = INSTANT CLASSIC

Congrats on your new classic Dave!!!
 
Congratulations, Dave. Almost the best possible way to collect a great bike.

Obviously riding it home would have made it a perfect trip.
 
Dave... very cool! And to see Barber at the same time, you couldn't have done better. Tell us a bit about EBay. I'm considering the purchase of a vintage bike (like I used to have) and every now and then one pops up on EBay. If the bike looked right and the price was right, I might hit the wallet. BUT I worry about getting ripped off. I'm sure you know what I mean. How did you KNOW the bike you bought, the seller, etc... was on the up and up? Or did you just take a chance? Regardless... good find and welcome to the forum!
 
Thread starter
ride4now, the feedback rating is a good indicator of how things will go. The seller for my bike had over 600 feedback ratings that were 100% positive. If the seller has a low count or a couple of negative ratings that doesn't mean you should not buy. Look at any negative feedbacks. Some buyers can't be made happy and are unreasonable.

Also there are built in protections for Ebay buyers.

For more expensive items an initial deposit required, usually $500. This is made through Paypal, and done at the time of winning the auction (within 48 hours). This is a sign of good faith on the buyers part, BUT the funds are only released to the seller when you flag the purchase as complete after pick up or delivery. If the transaction is not completed due to dissatisfaction on your part you are out nothing.

With my particular transaction the purchase price balance was paid in person after inspection of the bike in cash. Most sellers of large expensive items that require pick up want cash these days, not cashiers checks.

I have purchased hundreds of items on Ebay over the years and have never had a bad experience.

Also most sellers of expensive items are willing to negotiate outside of Ebay if both parties come to an agreed price. It never hurts to email the seller.
 
Thread starter
The story gets a bit better!

I checked with Honda. The bike has an extended warranty - Honda Protection Plan which is in effect until 12/19! I contacted the seller and they had completely forgot about buying this. I informed them that they could cash in the unused balance or transfer ownership to me. The opted to transfer it to me. Nice folks, and a nice little bonus!
 
real nice bonus. Probably never get used, but a little insurance is always nice to have.
 
Dave Swanson_imp said:
The story gets a bit better!

I checked with Honda. The bike has an extended warranty - Honda Protection Plan which is in effect until 12/19! I contacted the seller and they had completely forgot about buying this. I informed them that they could cash in the unused balance or transfer ownership to me. The opted to transfer it to me. Nice folks, and a nice little bonus!
 
I might be tipping my hat too much here, but I know a little about Dave from other sites. 1st class mechanic. 1st class guy. Can take a broken down Harley and make it not only talk but bark. The real deal. Just saying. He is the real deal. And at one point owned one of the few early FXR's I have ever seen. Take a bow, Dave. Your all that and a bag of chips. Nothing but respect. Yljkt.
 
Thread starter
Nice to hear from you John, but you are making me blush :) I almost bought back that FXR last year. I still miss that one!
 
I appreciate first class mechanics... They just never live close enough to me so I get to use the dealerships second class mechanics or 5 th class me
 
I'll let you in on a little secret Ferret. Your face is on a poster for all mechanics so they can avoid you. :angel:

:D
 
Back
Top