Tell me if this was a Great Deal!

letsjet_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Considering that I joined the forum only yesterday, I bought a 2013 Standard today! Was this a deal or what? A 2013 CB1100 with a Corbin seat and luggage rack for a total out the door price, bike, tax, fees, etc of $6,600. Best of all the bike has only 13 miles! Thinking I can add the 4 into 2 exhaust system and red side panels and be close to the Deluxe in looks. "IF" I could have found a Deluxe it would have been close to $13K, so for $6,600 I'm pretty happy. Don't know if I'll keep the Corbin seat, reminds me of Harley's, but after I ride it a bit I'll decide. I like the purist look of the stock seat, which came with the bike also.


http://s884.photobucket.com/user/letsjetcurt/media/cb1100.jpg.html
 
13 miles with a Corbin seat? Crazy. Someone didn't even give that bike a fair try. Nice snag. I'm sure someone would be willing to swap you a stock seat and some boot for that Corbin.
 
Sounds like a great deal. Thirteen miles and a custom seat sounds extraordinary. Enjoy the ride.
 
wow that's even better, some pocket change back and a good deal for a fellow forum member..win win
 
Some bloke (or shiela) bought a new CB1100, lashed out a few hundred bucks for a custom seat, rode it for all of 13 miles and then flogged it? With the original seat. That's bizarre. Great find letsjet.
 
Thread starter
He bought it, kept it for a year or so, and then traded it in to a car dealer. The selling motorcycle dealer bought it back from the car dealer. The sales manager said something about "health issues". That Corbin seat retails for $453 and the rack looks like it's about $340, yep it was a deal.
 
That's an incredible deal, congrats!

Where are you finding DLX's selling for $13,000? If that's the going rate, I'll sell mine for $11,000, delivered anywhere in the U.S.
 
Thread starter
A Deluxe is $11,800 plus $900 tax, destination fee of about $350, DOC fee around $149 and set up. Probably $13,000 + easy, but they are all gone.
 
Yes, they have been sold out for almost two years now. It was only available in the U.S. for one year, and the forum believes only 300 were brought in.
 
Congrats and enjoy your new ride!
When I was shopping for a CB1100 last month, I considered a used 2013 at a local Kawasaki dealer for $6,285 with 4,250 miles on it. It came with an aftermarket rear rack. What concerned me there were gouges on the right side silver cover and adjacent frame members. the exhaust, engine casing looked fine though?
I would say you got an excellent deal!
 
That sounds like an excellent deal to me, letsjet.

I'm amazed at how impulsive people are. That story is surprisingly plausible: someone had a burst of nostalgia and/or aging anxiety and bought the bike with great enthusiasm. Rode it, realized the ol' backside was a tad wider and more tender than in the carefree days of youth and fitted the Corbin. Rode it again, realized "you can't go home again" and riding for them just didn't bring back the feelings and memories they expected. Maybe it was a bit scary. Put the bike back in the garage and never rolled it out again. Later on, decided to liquidate it when the next impulse purchased loomed (my bet: a sports car).
 
A dream deal with almost no miles. Great find, letsjet!

Lots of good options if you don't love the 4 into 1 exhaust (which to me is one of the design highlights of the standard, but many prefer the symmetry of the '14 DLX model). Stock from a '14 DLS is an excellent option, as Ron in MO has shown us, but there are also very cool options on Samurider's site, including several sexy four into fours.

With a deal like you just scored, you might have more in in your exhaust budget than you planned on! Enjoy.
 
Thread starter
Normally, recapturing your youth is pretty expensive. This time is was fairly affordable. Really happy with the purchase. If it wasn't snowing a bit in Reno I'd have ridden it home but it will be delivered in a couple of days. I've had upwards of 30 bikes over the years but this is my third Honda. Bought a new 1975 Red Honda 360T so I've always wanted a CB750, this bike is way better! Thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement and congratulations.
 
letsjet_imp said:
Normally, recapturing your youth is pretty expensive. This time is was fairly affordable. Really happy with the purchase. If it wasn't snowing a bit in Reno I'd have ridden it home but it will be delivered in a couple of days. I've had upwards of 30 bikes over the years but this is my third Honda. Bought a new 1975 Red Honda 360T so I've always wanted a CB750, this bike is way better! Thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement and congratulations.
Heck, yeah! :thumbsup: :biker:
 
Back
Top