The W800 is back!

Griso ran good above 4K and 70 mph. Seems most Euro bikes are geared that way.
 
The new 800 looks very interesting.

A buddy of mine had the 650. A super fine looking bike as pictured above. I rode it a few times and I’d have to say it was kind of moped-ish and lacking in power. This totally confirmed my decision to not buy one. Can’t wait to see, and possibly ride, the 800.
 
Some of these newer options being listed here aren't half bad. But all of them have me lusting for the original W650 which I consider to be the cream of the crop, at least in the looks department. I wouldn't consider any of these bikes based on performance anyway.
 
Thread starter
I wouldn't really trust the build quality of the RE. With the W800 you can be sure that it will be quite bullet proof. Another thing about the W800, the colour offering for 2019 may not be for everyone, I am quite sure they will be bringing out different schemes each year just like they have done in the past.

For me, between the RE and the Guzzi, I would take the Guzzi in a heartbeat.
There was an English company that did a nice scrambler version of the W800:

2b4dd857be13f1dd78d0ec20f4cb5d7c.jpg


392b26c456594e9be4ecb18cb9ffd265.jpg
 
What is that custom scrambled W all about?. Love it! Source please!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Considering the poor quality of the roads in many areas of India, the remote reservoir shocks on the RE Interceptor may have practical merit.
 
Yesterday I took my W800 out for ride with a new chain and sprockets. Now the Kawa runs much smoother again, the old chain set was too much worn out after 30.000km. Although a cold wind was blowing from the sea, I don't felt it much because the W warmed my heart during the ride.



Wisedrum
 
Back
Top