The W800 is back!

Henrik_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Announced in Milan, Kawasaki is bringing back two versions of the W800.

The standard:
218b77682f960241db9ff1b86fc7b597.jpg


And the café:

93fc10fcde3b83001663dd0c61dd48c0.jpg


dd7d4ffc5f541af5bc3ca90cc194c9ef.jpg


Very nice!!!
 
That is good news. They’re fine looking bikes in my opinion.
 
Hmmm! The Bonneville, the Royal Enfield 650cc Interceptor, and now the W800. I feel like I am being taken back to the mid-60s when twins were the motorcycles everyone cherished.
 
We never got the W800 in the U.S. I'm glad to read it is coming this time around, but disappointed that we will only see the Cafe version. So Honda does not sell the sporty CB1100RS in the U.S., and Kawasaki will sell only the sporty W800 Cafe in the U.S. :huh:
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
i'm super glad we're getting the W800. I'm annoyed that we're only getting the one with the clubman bars...
I expect the standard bars could be purchased and swapped on there. might need the standard's cables too. I'd like to see alloy engine covers and chrome fenders, like the earlier versions. but am definitely on board with the ABS and EFI.
 
Yes. The more bikes with 18 inch tyres, the better for us.
 
As also a W 800 rider I prefer the older version over the newer ones seen on photos in the internet. It is the same as with the CB, upgrades don't always make things better optically....often the opposite.

Besides, the prices for the different W models will be too high. Each upgrade raises the price. I assume the new W will not have big sells in Germany similar to the earlier versions. Nice that Kawa will sell the W in the USA too this time, but they should offer both models. Not only the 'cafe racer'.

Indeed the W is one of the most attractive retro bikes, if not the most attractive and a very desireable one.

Wisedrum
 
Notice the cylinder paint treatment on the bike Guth posted. Same as on the 17 EX's that everyone complained about. Black cylinders, silver heads. It was actually quite a common treatment in the late 60s to late 70s especially on Brit bikes that the W 800 emulates
 
Guth's picture shows an older W 650 not a new W800.
That's a 'big' difference. Black should create a cast iron look where it's not. Kind of fake.

Wisedrum
 
The new café model offers a black/silver combination.

d14f2c876e9fb7c8a53b3901e1147059.jpg
 
See that motor treatment is more mid 80s
 
Back
Top