made a mistake
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
No problem. For most that choose to sport them, RLETs serve as a visual indicator of the particular era when they came of age as motorcyclists. To this group of riders, the appeal of RLETs is not all that different than the appeal of the CB1100 itself.VLJ_imp said:Okay, now that I've learned what RLETs are, will someone here explain their purpose?
I mean, seriously, condoms for brake and clutch levers? Are we afraid of catching something from some harlot Harley or pulchritudinous PC800, or what?

That might get you "A" handshake, but calling RLETs condoms and ghetto decorations will not...can not... be overlooked. Proper CB's, by heritage, are supposed to have 95010-16001x2. Anything else is just un-natural.VLJ_imp said:No biggie. All I have to do to get mickey to show me the secret handshake is say something nice about #26. Probably just showing him the replay of Valencia 2017 will do.


It appears that the Honda Mountain of education before you is steep grasshopper. I can see why you don't understand why the CB 1100 was built as it was, and not built as you wish it were.VLJ_imp said:Huh? Why? Until yesterday I didn't even know what those things were, or that they're part of CB lore. They certainly have zero effect on my opinion of the bike, and I doubt that his black '14 Standard has 'em anyway.
I do have one question though: what is the forum's correct pronunciation of RLET? Do we say R-L-E-T? Or AR-LET?