noroomtomove
Been there
On standby for Saturday CB1100 test ride review.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've never had my 2013 over 95mph and that behind a guy in a Mini who was obviously late for something. I feel no need to go any faster but the very idea of a speed limiter irks me. I really don't understand why Honda limited the bike in this way.VLJ_imp said:A more telling poll would simply ask: Would you prefer the CB1100 to have limiters, or not have limiters?
We've already established that the 112-mph limit doesn't have much of a negative effect in the real world. The point is that it's annoying, simply on principle. You can't legally ride a CB1000R, VFR, or CBR600 over the posted speed limits either, yet they don't have limiters, and if Honda suddenly slapped limiters on them some people would be annoyed by that decision. Conversely, absolutely no one would ever be annoyed if Honda didn't slap limiters on them, or on the CB1100 either. The topic would never even come up.
It's not so much the slight chance of rain that will put a damper on the quality of the ride. Rather, it's the near-freezing, low-lying Tule fog. Man, that stuff is miserable. If it's anything like a couple of recent mornings here, visibility will be next to nill, the roads will be wet, and it'll be cold as well. We will definitely need to tip-toe, as every turn essentially becomes a blind corner.The ferret_imp said:We don't worry about rain until the chances get up to 40%
Anxiously awaitng 2 ride reports.

Thanks Mandrau — I would agree that this forum is pretty blessed by the fact that most members truly do make an effort to communicate clearly with one another. Those that lack my long-windedness tend to easily make up for it by displaying a much more efficient use of words.Mandrau_imp said:Greetings Guth,
It is posts like yours that make this virtual gathering place great for me. It is a distinction of this CB1100 Forum that members communicate their passion in complete sentences and take the time and effort to do it intelligently. Thanks and look forward to more.

Glad you guys had a safe outing. I'll look forward to reading of your experiences elsewhere in a new thread. Thanks!egleaves_imp said:Back home after the bike swap. 190 miles and too many curves to count. I think VLJ or I should start a new thread to share the experience. Gonna start a write up tonight while recovering in the hot tub.
I'll look forward to your take on the story egleaves. Please don't drop the tablet/laptop in the hot tub.egleaves_imp said:Back home after the bike swap. 190 miles and too many curves to count. I think VLJ or I should start a new thread to share the experience. Gonna start a write up tonight while recovering in the hot tub.