The most miles racked up on the CB1100?

Mine just hit 196,000 miles. Longest trip was to the CB1100 30th anniversary rally in Tokyo (10.5K miles via the Trans-Pacific Highway).


Posted from the future on my Google Integrated Brain Browser with Space/Time Continuum plug-in.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Mine just hit 196,000 miles. Longest trip was to the CB1100 30th anniversary rally in Tokyo (10.5K miles via the Trans-Pacific Highway).


Posted from the future on my Google Integrated Brain Browser with Space/Time Continuum plug-in.
That would be from when.......200 years from now? :rofl: :thanks:
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Mine just hit 196,000 miles. Longest trip was to the CB1100 30th anniversary rally in Tokyo (10.5K miles via the Trans-Pacific Highway).


Posted from the future on my Google Integrated Brain Browser with Space/Time Continuum plug-in.
I reckon the flux capacitor plug-in is easier to use.
 
2013 CB1100.
12,450 non-commuting miles since 6/4/2013.
Longest round trip was about 1800 miles from Chicago to Chattanooga via Robbinsville, NC and back.
Longest single day was EXACTLY 500 miles in a little less than 12 hours from Chicago to Moonshine Store and back for lunch (the 12 hours includes lunch).
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
2013 CB1100.
12,450 non-commuting miles since 6/4/2013.
Longest round trip was about 1800 miles from Chicago to Chattanooga via Robbinsville, NC and back.
Longest single day was EXACTLY 500 miles in a little less than 12 hours from Chicago to Moonshine Store and back for lunch (the 12 hours includes lunch).
On your 500 mile one day trip...did you lube your chain while on that trip? I'm contemplating ridng mine back to Georgia in the spring and it's a 500 mile one day trip. I've done it numerous times on my Harley, so no issues with the distance and the time, it's just that the damn chain worry's me. I'm the same way with my KLR...guess I have 'chain phobia'. :huh:
 
No, I did not. I lubed it once during my 1800 mile (and before and after the trip), but on my last 1600 mile trip, I don't think I lubed it until I got home. Just did my 12k service and asked them specifically to look at the chain and sprockets for excess wear and everything looked normal.
 
ride4now_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
2013 CB1100.
12,450 non-commuting miles since 6/4/2013.
Longest round trip was about 1800 miles from Chicago to Chattanooga via Robbinsville, NC and back.
Longest single day was EXACTLY 500 miles in a little less than 12 hours from Chicago to Moonshine Store and back for lunch (the 12 hours includes lunch).
On your 500 mile one day trip...did you lube your chain while on that trip? I'm contemplating ridng mine back to Georgia in the spring and it's a 500 mile one day trip. I've done it numerous times on my Harley, so no issues with the distance and the time, it's just that the damn chain worry's me. I'm the same way with my KLR...guess I have 'chain phobia'. :huh:
On your 500 mile one day trip...did you lube your chain while on that trip? I'm contemplating ridng mine back to Georgia in the spring and it's a 500 mile one day trip. I've done it numerous times on my Harley, so no issues with the distance and the time, it's just that the damn chain worry's me. I'm the same way with my KLR...guess I have 'chain phobia'. :huh:
I took 2 trips on my 13 of about 1500 miles each, and neither time did the chain require adjustment, and I only lubed if after getting caught in the rain, (once each trip.)

Here's a shocker. I am at about 6,000 miles on my 14, the chain has never been lubed in the traditional sense, ( I have sprayed lube into a rag and run the chain through it) and it has never required adjustment, although I am getting ready to leave on a trip next Monday and will probably tighten it just a skosh before leaving on the trip as I am near the outside limit at 1 1/4" slack. I do have a small can of chain lube under the seat, and if I get caught in the rain, will lube it with a rag. *( caveat..I suggest following the procedure in the owners manual with regards to lube and adjustment)
 
Just got mine yesterday 9/15/14 took delivery in the rain. it had 0 miles cause the shop guys didnt want to ride in the rain to check it out. but Ive got a whopping 33 miles on it now!
 
G'day and welcome, mgoodie. Wanna post in the new members section and show us a photo of the bike? :hello:
 
0 miles I could not get that no matter how hard I tried. It had 1 or less as I recall when I picked it up. Did not last long!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top