The Coronavirus Chronicles -Three Strikes You're Out

Houtman_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Ignorance is a deadly sin.
Uh oh. I need to go to confession :s
Uh oh. I need to go to confession :s
Bob, you are not ignorant ; you are just mistaken....
Uh oh. I need to go to confession :s
Bob, you are not ignorant ; you are just mistaken....
I thought I was mistaken, but I was wrong :banana::banana:
In other news, the University of VA just published their analyses of the virus' spread and timeline and have predicted a peak in VA of August. That is sobering and more than a little depressing. Meanwhile, I am getting t-shirt orders from swim clubs that are planning to open June 1. Life is just full of mixed messages these days. Me, I'm staying home and eating ice cream.
 
Peak in August? Geezalou. Amy Acton our state health director thinks we are in the peak now and it has flattened.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Peak in August? Geezalou. Amy Acton our state health director thinks we are in the peak now and it has flattened.
As I say, mixed messages. "Keep Calm and Carry On"
 
Ugh, my company would definitely shut down permanently if we extended the lockdown into August. As it is, I have to show that I've been looking for work in order to receive unemployment benefits, so who knows, maybe I will find something more interesting.
 
Today our state health director said Ohioans should be prepared to wear masks and gloves for up to a year, or untill a vaccine is developed.
 
My wife's hospital: mandatory masks and plastic shields, may be regrouped to help other understaffed wards, convid online training+++
The group of three hospitals: 15 staff infected
Ontario premier: existing emergency regulations extended until May 8, retired medical personel, medical students ( doctors, nurses++) urgently needed.
Ontario: 9,055 cases confirmed, 410 deaths, population: 14.57 milion.
:-/
 
A late friend of mine was very fond of his fez. I’d forgotten till you mentioned it.
 
Sorry to hear whats going on in US. The numbers are crazy over there. My country just enter 3rd phase of movement control today (2 weeks per phase). With strict movement control yet our numbers never really go down since day 1. The "new cases/day" graph is flat, but the number never go down.. At least our medical front liners are still able to manage the situation, and I hope they maintain to do so.
There's an Italy imported cluster in Malaysia with very high fatality (from traveler returned from Italy), causing 5 death in a family. Other known cluster in Malaysia are less deadly. It seems different locality have different virus strain with different fatality rate.
And I believe until a vaccine is found, we will never be able to bring down the numbers unless we go total authoritarian like what China did. Until then, the only thing we can do now is practicing the safe method known to reduce risk. And I do hope Malaysia will relax up the movement control in 4th phase, as My wife have exhausted all Korean Drama she had been watching, and now started to sound grumpy.....
 
Stichill_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Sorry, human error, 3,120,381 of 331 milion is below 1%
:)
You're right! Too early in the morning... :P 0.94%
You're right! Too early in the morning... :P 0.94%
You know, talking about these covid numbers ...it would be an ideal pic if the entire world population was tested......then we would know how bad it is...
:beerchug:
 
The thing that confuses me about testing if you are not showing any symptoms is.. so you are not showing any symptoms, but you are over 65 (among the group they recommend testing). You go in and get tested and the test results come back negative. Great. A week or two later you go to the grocery, or hardware store and come in contact with someone who has the virus (the clerk?).... and become infected then. So how often do you need to get tested? I can't see this being a one and done deal. People that were among the first tested weeks ago could certainly be infected today. Right?
 
Constant/personal self monitoring system would be perfect...think, there is some progress in this field?
 
Back
Top