The Coronavirus Chronicles -Three Strikes You're Out

I’m pretty happy being tens of thousands of kilometers away from anything that frightening. :P
 
interesting thing in the social media here locally

b131761be6d22ffd57311848d4272eef.png
 
Ride alone! :biker:

Not :biker: :biker:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Peterbaron, you must have spoken to my wife. Being a medical professional, any time I have a thought about leaving the house, she puts me in a mask, puts a bandana over the mask, and puts gloves on me.

Masks are becoming mandatory all around Southern California. I've been plugging away on the old Ford, and did another pass at disinfecting and rehabilitating the engine compartment. Needing some replacement insulation and weatherstrip pieces, yesterday I went to two junkyards. It was funny to see "Social Distancing, Stay Six Feet Apart" signs in a vast, muddy, pick-a-part junkyard. One had a big sign board out front saying "No Masky, No Entry!" They had stacked up a bunch of old tires in front of the pay booth on the way out to keep people from getting too close to the cashier.
Gin60, mask policy in my wife hospital is a liquid issue, keeps changing as the pandemic develops or they are lacking of them.? I got confused.....
No mask for me at home :cool:

As to the others, stay worry free, we are all friends, regardless of any distance or opinions.....:)
 
In Germany we have federalism. Different federal countries, states of Germay, have different rules for what is allowed in the crisis or not. All in common is a breakdown of contacts. Not more than 2 strange persons should meet outside with a distance of 2 meter between them. Exceptions are family members.

As far as private motorbike riding is concerned, some states allow them, some don't. In my part Schleswig Holstein you can go out for a ride. Alone. I do so every day. You are not allowed to travel within Germany, but can ride in your state. Some bikers, which have to leave their bikes parked, spread bad thoughts about those, who can and keep on riding. Their main argument is egoism not taking care of solidarity. A controvers argument. In a way their frustatration is understandable, but it doesn't bother me at all. Some bikers do group riding, never been of any interest to me and when taking a rest, they don't avoid the socialization so common without the crisis for an "amusing" talk face to face.

Today is another day for a ride.
Be careful with or without Corona!

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
In Germany we have federalism. Different federal countries, states of Germay, have different rules for what is allowed in the crisis or not. All in common is a breakdown of contacts. Not more than 2 strange persons should meet outside with a distance of 2 meter between them. Exceptions are family members.

As far as private motorbike riding is concerned, some states allow them, some don't. In my part Schleswig Holstein you can go out for a ride. Alone. I do so every day. You are not allowed to travel within Germany, but can ride in your state. Some bikers, which have to leave their bikes parked, spread bad thoughts about those, who can and keep on riding. Their main argument is egoism not taking care of solidarity. A controvers argument. In a way their frustatration is understandable, but it doesn't bother me at all. Some bikers do group riding, never been of any interest to me and when taking a rest, they don't avoid the socialization so common without the crisis for an "amusing" talk face to face.

Today is another day for a ride.
Be careful with or without Corona!

Wisedrum
Good for you, Wisedrum! There's an old saying, "Misery loves company." Such people lack the strength of character to "mind their own beer" and accept other people's freedoms. For example, if you were forced to stop riding, it would not change the fact that they cannot ride. Rather than resent those who can ride, they should celebrate your freedom to ride and press the politicians in their own state to look to your state as a good example of safe recreation and respect for personal freedom. If there's any solidarity, it should be among riders to promote riding...not among riders to promote not riding.
Houtman_imp said:
Some one came to our house yesterday and I told him you can take your mask of here , he said I can not : "that is my face "
Lol, oldie but a goodie! :D
The ferret_imp said:
interesting thing in the social media here locally

b131761be6d22ffd57311848d4272eef.png
That is interesting, ferret. Thanks for posting, I shared it with my MC.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Some one came to our house yesterday and I told him you can take your mask of here , he said I can not : "that is my face "
The great Loriot, Victor von Bülow, made a scetch out of this joke many years ago. After a few sentences the monster, the actor is asked to take of his mask and wonders what he shall do. The clip is in German but maybe you will get the idea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Some one came to our house yesterday and I told him you can take your mask of here , he said I can not : "that is my face "
The great Loriot, Victor von Bülow, made a scetch out of this joke many years ago. After a few sentences the monster, the actor is asked to take of his mask and wonders what he shall do. The clip is in German but maybe you will get the idea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s

Wisedrum

The great Loriot, Victor von Bülow, made a scetch out of this joke many years ago. After a few sentences the monster, the actor is asked to take of his mask and wonders what he shall do. The clip is in German but maybe you will get the idea.

[url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s

Wisedrum His cough sounds like the start of Covid 19 .
 
Houtman_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Some one came to our house yesterday and I told him you can take your mask of here , he said I can not : "that is my face "
The great Loriot, Victor von Bülow, made a scetch out of this joke many years ago. After a few sentences the monster, the actor is asked to take of his mask and wonders what he shall do. The clip is in German but maybe you will get the idea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s

Wisedrum

The great Loriot, Victor von Bülow, made a scetch out of this joke many years ago. After a few sentences the monster, the actor is asked to take of his mask and wonders what he shall do. The clip is in German but maybe you will get the idea.

[url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9ZiStrHuM&t=96s

Wisedrum His cough sounds like the start of Covid 19 .
His cough sounds like the start of Covid 19 .
:rofl:
 
Had to go to the Willows Walmart for an essential head of pre-Easter lettuce.
The Willows Walmart is not the nearest source of produce, but if my route is circuitous enough it ends up right on my way home. :cool:
Hence I enjoyed a nice ride on the deserted West side through the foothills. Beautiful spring day, the hills are green and the cows are happy!


It was so nice I took an essential side run a little ways up into the Mendocino National Forest, which I guess may have been closed. There is no gate or big CLOSED sign so I went up a couple thousand feet to enjoy the view. That was essential too.
I encountered about a half dozen assorted vehicles and two motorcycles in the hills, all apparently engaged in essential activity.
Also remembered the lettuce.

Ben
 
I'm jealous. I took my usual 19.3 mile round trip ride to my local park again (19 th day in a row), but must say once again appreciated and enjoyed every mile and every tenth.
 
I went on the BRP again yesterday and it was VERY busy , cars parked everywhere with people hiking , taking a picnic and other activities.
The one thing which surprised me that nearly half of all the cars and SUV's were Subaru's ! Outdoor people must like these .
 
Easter sunday.
Everything is locked or closed. Not anything goes anymore. No ice today. Nevertheless Happy Easter to everyone.

Wisedrum

 
Houtman_imp said:
I went on the BRP again yesterday and it was VERY busy , cars parked everywhere with people hiking , taking a picnic and other activities.
The one thing which surprised me that nearly half of all the cars and SUV's were Subaru's ! Outdoor people must like these .
Houtman, back in 2012 I think it was, my wife and I rode up to Bar Harbor Maine on the ST 1300. So we were in Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire etc and one day I said to my wife, "Have you noticed about every other car around here is a Subaru?". She had. It was weird. You rarely saw a Subaru in Ohio back then, but they are becoming more popular here now. Not like Ford pickup trucks lol, but we do see one about every time we are out now.
 
So, my wife and I just made ourselves essential!

My wife's medical agency is rolling out tele-medicine, and she'll be one of the first people to test the system with patients this week. That will allow her to work while at home or while caring for her mom. And, I got a call from a friend asking if I can come turn wrenches in his one-man car repair shop. It seems that with everyone finding themselves with time on their hands, people are catching up on their projects. He has a sudden increase in cars coming in, and needs help to keep up. He can only afford to pay me about what I'd make stocking shelves at the local grocery, but I'd rather fix cars in an open garage than be in a crowded store right now. It's been rainy here, but if the weather clears up, at least I'll get to ride more, and it will be for an essential purpose!
 
Local expert on the news tonight predicted we will be shut in for another 8 weeks at least. Which means more risky trips to the grocery.

Interesting that some churches held in house services in Ky on Easter even though ordered not to by the Gov and State Troopers were there putting notices on windshields from the Ky board of health that after leaving the service people were instructed to go home and self quarantine for 14 days.

Earlier there was a revival in Kentucky ignoring social distancing rules and 28 people caught the virus and 6 died.
 
Back
Top