The Coronavirus Chronicles -Three Strikes You're Out

Good luck getting tested Ferret. In this area only if you are symptomatic and are in the health/emergency services. Even then it’s hard to get tested.
 
Not here in Ohio but in Kentucky they have started doing drive thru testing at Krogers for Tier 1 risk group.. Emergency personnel, first responders, seniors over 65. If it comes to Ohio I won't get tested unless I get symptoms.

peterbaron_imp said:
Constant/personal self monitoring system would be perfect...think, there is some progress in this field?
I take my temp morning and evening just for grins. I also weigh myself and take my blood pressure every morning because of some meds I'm on...hey I've only gained between 1 and 3 pounds (it goes up and down) during this ordeal so far lol which includes a lot of sitting around watching old westerns and snacking.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The thing that confuses me about testing if you are not showing any symptoms is.. so you are not showing any symptoms, but you are over 65 (among the group they recommend testing). You go in and get tested and the test results come back negative. Great. A week or two later you go to the grocery, or hardware store and come in contact with someone who has the virus (the clerk?).... and become infected then. So how often do you need to get tested? I can't see this being a one and done deal. People that were among the first tested weeks ago could certainly be infected today. Right?
I've been thinking the same thing, ferret! I know a bunch of people who are out of sorts and complaining about the lack of testing and blaming this or that company or politician etc. The testing is just a snapshot in time. You're healthy today but infected tomorrow, so what have we learned unless we test everyone every day? Measuring the size of the problem doesn't have any impact on the problem itself.

I think the key number to watch is hospitalizations. In New York, I heard they are taking apart the emergency hospital set up in the Javits Center due to lack of patients. The US Navy hospital ship Comfort, with 1000 beds, is largely going unused. That's good news, but is further indication that the experts may have blown this thing out of all proportion. It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly.
 
I'm sitting around too much too so I've cut back on the portions of my meals so I don't gain any weight. That also helps to stretch the food items too and I don't have to grocery shop more than about every three weeks.
I've also cut back on using more paper towel than I need as well as things like tinfoil when cooking. Plenty of ways to stretch items that were formerly used to excess (wasted) and taken for granted.
I think there are lessons in there for the far future.
 
Stichill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The thing that confuses me about testing if you are not showing any symptoms is.. so you are not showing any symptoms, but you are over 65 (among the group they recommend testing). You go in and get tested and the test results come back negative. Great. A week or two later you go to the grocery, or hardware store and come in contact with someone who has the virus (the clerk?).... and become infected then. So how often do you need to get tested? I can't see this being a one and done deal. People that were among the first tested weeks ago could certainly be infected today. Right?
I've been thinking the same thing, ferret! I know a bunch of people who are out of sorts and complaining about the lack of testing and blaming this or that company or politician etc. The testing is just a snapshot in time. You're healthy today but infected tomorrow, so what have we learned unless we test everyone every day? Measuring the size of the problem doesn't have any impact on the problem itself.

I think the key number to watch is hospitalizations. In New York, I heard they are taking apart the emergency hospital set up in the Javits Center due to lack of patients. The US Navy hospital ship Comfort, with 1000 beds, is largely going unused. That's good news, but is further indication that the experts may have blown this thing out of all proportion. It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly.
I hope instead that this is an indicator of how well social distancing has worked and that if we keep up the good effort we will save many lives. It's a bit like a hurricane coming toward Texas... they make a big deal out of the potential devastation to come so folks take it seriously and either prep well or get out of town in time to save themselves. Do we then say that it wasn't so serious because hardly anyone died? Do we blame the messenger for an advance warning? Even if that storm turns out to sea and does no damage, the warning must go out based on what information the messenger has at the time.
The bottom line with this virus is that no one knew/knows how serious it will be because it's new. So as a public health official, do you prepare for the worst or just downplay it until the ****e hits the fan? Is the economy a consideration in that calculation? Perhaps. But rather than see the empty emergency hospitals as a sign of failed policy or over reaction, I see them as a marker of the success of efforts to control/limit the virus' spread. Prepare for the worst and work for the best.
 
Quote:Stichill Wrote:
It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly.
Tell that to the 27,000 Americans who have already died. 129,000 Worldwide.

Without the measures put in place that number would be way higher. Sometimes thoughtful prevention can be painful but it doesn't make it any less necessary.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The thing that confuses me about testing if you are not showing any symptoms is.. so you are not showing any symptoms, but you are over 65 (among the group they recommend testing). You go in and get tested and the test results come back negative. Great. A week or two later you go to the grocery, or hardware store and come in contact with someone who has the virus (the clerk?).... and become infected then. So how often do you need to get tested? I can't see this being a one and done deal. People that were among the first tested weeks ago could certainly be infected today. Right?
I've been thinking the same thing, ferret! I know a bunch of people who are out of sorts and complaining about the lack of testing and blaming this or that company or politician etc. The testing is just a snapshot in time. You're healthy today but infected tomorrow, so what have we learned unless we test everyone every day? Measuring the size of the problem doesn't have any impact on the problem itself.

I think the key number to watch is hospitalizations. In New York, I heard they are taking apart the emergency hospital set up in the Javits Center due to lack of patients. The US Navy hospital ship Comfort, with 1000 beds, is largely going unused. That's good news, but is further indication that the experts may have blown this thing out of all proportion. It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly.
I hope instead that this is an indicator of how well social distancing has worked and that if we keep up the good effort we will save many lives. It's a bit like a hurricane coming toward Texas... they make a big deal out of the potential devastation to come so folks take it seriously and either prep well or get out of town in time to save themselves. Do we then say that it wasn't so serious because hardly anyone died? Do we blame the messenger for an advance warning? Even if that storm turns out to sea and does no damage, the warning must go out based on what information the messenger has at the time.
The bottom line with this virus is that no one knew/knows how serious it will be because it's new. So as a public health official, do you prepare for the worst or just downplay it until the ****e hits the fan? Is the economy a consideration in that calculation? Perhaps. But rather than see the empty emergency hospitals as a sign of failed policy or over reaction, I see them as a marker of the success of efforts to control/limit the virus' spread. Prepare for the worst and work for the best.
It has to be. "The economy" is not an abstraction...it's millions of people's lives, livelihoods, and life's work being destroyed. There are so many small and medium businesses that will never again open their doors, and the entrepreneurs are ruined.

There has to be a balance between risk and a life worth living. As motorcyclists, I think we all innately understand that calculus.

The other troublesome outcome is the vast growth of state autocracy and intrusion on personal liberty. What's going on in Michigan under the banner of "flattening the curve" shocks the conscience of a free people.
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill Wrote:
It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly.
Tell that to the 27,000 Americans who have already died. 129,000 Worldwide.

Without the measures put in place that number would be way higher. Sometimes thoughtful prevention can be painful but it doesn't make it any less necessary.
I'm not sure that's a practical recommendation.

KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill Wrote:
It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly.
Tell that to the 27,000 Americans who have already died. 129,000 Worldwide.

Without the measures put in place that number would be way higher. Sometimes thoughtful prevention can be painful but it doesn't make it any less necessary.
That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
 
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
KE, I already inquired about this issue, NO fix so far...maybe it's eating space???
It would be nice to get some explanation, so we would understand this issue.
 
I'm sorry I reacted so strongly to your post, Stichill. You were correct that we won't know the true extent of the outbreak without thorough testing. Sadly, I doubt we will ever get a truly accurate picture of the extent of this thing without testing a significant percentage of the population. And as Ferret touched on, its hard to test for something that may not have symptoms for weeks or even at all, even when you may be a carrier. As you said, we just have to count the dead. But then, of course, it's too late to use as a basis for any meaningful response.

You stated, "It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly." That is certainly possible, but that's kinda Monday-morning quarterbacking. We and the experts must depend on with what we know at the time, and we don't know much. I'd rather look back and say we overshot the mark than look back and see we let thousands/millions die through neglect.

Meanwhile, I'm one of those entrepreneurs you mentioned that is impacted so strongly. My phone just rang yesterday for the first time in almost a month. Never mind what has happened to our retirement funds. :s It's a tough time and it's going to get worse for everyone. We have to have faith, however, that the economy will recover, however slowly. Yes, we will all suffer, some terribly. But there is no recovering from death, so I see preventing the spread of this virus as our first priority. We may all get it in the end, but slowing its spread is important.

As to governmental overreach, I'm totally with you. I don't believe the authorities should be doing any more than supporting commonsense restrictions on movement and exposure. We should not let this crisis be a reason to cede freedoms to a power grabbing administration, be it local, state of federal. I fear authoritarian actions much more than I do a damaged economy. I am very concerned about how this crisis may be used as an excuse to manipulate the election in November, whether through executive order or voter suppression. If there is an election in November. I am going on record here with my prediction that there won't be.

Of course, I could be wrong. Probably am. :angel: Anyhow, thanks for listening. Civil discourse is important, especially now.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
That's one meat processing plant where workers stand shoulder-to-shoulder. The state at large is hardly affected.

KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
On the other hand, it's possible that Californians already widely communicated the virus prior to the lockdown and managed to develop herd immunity that has kept the hospitalization rate in check. Maybe California already passed the peak without even realizing it, while the rest of the country is locking down and unwittingly prolonging the social disruption and economic devastation.

KiowaEagle_imp said:
What if more people would die while suffering through a depression than would die from the virus impacting the minority population with existing co-morbidities, the most salient of which is extreme obesity? An interesting factoid I heard is that more people over the age of 100 have died from C-19 than have under age 30. Let that sink in a minute. This virus is not an equal-opportunity killer. Some specific populations are vulnerable and others are not, but we have a one-size-fits-all public policy vs. something rational and evidence-based.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I'm sorry I reacted so strongly to your post, Stichill. You were correct that we won't know the true extent of the outbreak without thorough testing. Sadly, I doubt we will ever get a truly accurate picture of the extent of this thing without testing a significant percentage of the population. And as Ferret touched on, its hard to test for something that may not have symptoms for weeks or even at all, even when you may be a carrier. As you said, we just have to count the dead. But then, of course, it's too late to use as a basis for any meaningful response.

You stated, "It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly." That is certainly possible, but that's kinda Monday-morning quarterbacking. We and the experts must depend on with what we know at the time, and we don't know much. I'd rather look back and say we overshot the mark than look back and see we let thousands/millions die through neglect.

Meanwhile, I'm one of those entrepreneurs you mentioned that is impacted so strongly. My phone just rang yesterday for the first time in almost a month. Never mind what has happened to our retirement funds. :s It's a tough time and it's going to get worse for everyone. We have to have faith, however, that the economy will recover, however slowly. Yes, we will all suffer, some terribly. But there is no recovering from death, so I see preventing the spread of this virus as our first priority. We may all get it in the end, but slowing its spread is important.

As to governmental overreach, I'm totally with you. I don't believe the authorities should be doing any more than supporting commonsense restrictions on movement and exposure. We should not let this crisis be a reason to cede freedoms to a power grabbing administration, be it local, state of federal. I fear authoritarian actions much more than I do a damaged economy. I am very concerned about how this crisis may be used as an excuse to manipulate the election in November, whether through executive order or voter suppression. If there is an election in November. I am going on record here with my prediction that there won't be.

Of course, I could be wrong. Probably am. :angel: Anyhow, thanks for listening. Civil discourse is important, especially now.
I appreciate your perspectives, Bob. Very balanced and well-stated perspectives...thank you!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
KE, I already inquired about this issue, NO fix so far...maybe it's eating space???
It would be nice to get some explanation, so we would understand this issue.
KE, I already inquired about this issue, NO fix so far...maybe it's eating space???
It would be nice to get some explanation, so we would understand this issue.
This has been discussed in the past.

As far as I know it isn't working for anyone. I've also lost the ability to turn off the sidebar of recent posts permanently which drives me crazy. Both issues are likely to be related to the forum's software. The only person who can fix that is the administrator—Guth—and, as he works in the health care industry, he may not have a lot of time to work on it at the moment.

I think the software is in need of an upgrade, and that there is some risk associated with that. Guth needs time to work on it and, as things stand, only he can do that work.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge issue. Simply replying to the post you want to quote still works.
Stichill_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
That's one meat processing plant where workers stand shoulder-to-shoulder. The state at large is hardly affected.

KiowaEagle_imp said:
Quote:Stichill: That can't be proven, any more than it can be proven that removing restrictions would not result in an exponential increase.
It's being proved in real time. Governor Noem of South Dakota resisted putting a shelter in place order and now that state is becoming one of the fastest growing hot spots for the virus.

The evidence is there and can't be ignored. Back in 1918 there was a shelter in place order for the Spanish Flu. Philadelphia decided to have a war bond parade anyway and thousands died as a result. 4500 in one week.

The economy will come back, it always does. But once somebody dies they die forever. I'm not willing to risk it for myself or anyone I know. Some say it's not that big a deal, only 2% will die. Can you name 2 of a hundred of your family, friends and acquaintances you're willing to sacrifice?

BTW am I the only one that the Quote This Post feature isn't working for still?
On the other hand, it's possible that Californians already widely communicated the virus prior to the lockdown and managed to develop herd immunity that has kept the hospitalization rate in check. Maybe California already passed the peak without even realizing it, while the rest of the country is locking down and unwittingly prolonging the social disruption and economic devastation.

KiowaEagle_imp said:
What if more people would die while suffering through a depression than would die from the virus impacting the minority population with existing co-morbidities, the most salient of which is extreme obesity? An interesting factoid I heard is that more people over the age of 100 have died from C-19 than have under age 30. Let that sink in a minute. This virus is not an equal-opportunity killer. Some specific populations are vulnerable and others are not, but we have a one-size-fits-all public policy vs. something rational and evidence-based.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I'm sorry I reacted so strongly to your post, Stichill. You were correct that we won't know the true extent of the outbreak without thorough testing. Sadly, I doubt we will ever get a truly accurate picture of the extent of this thing without testing a significant percentage of the population. And as Ferret touched on, its hard to test for something that may not have symptoms for weeks or even at all, even when you may be a carrier. As you said, we just have to count the dead. But then, of course, it's too late to use as a basis for any meaningful response.

You stated, "It's starting to look like the world may have destroyed the global economy ill-advisedly." That is certainly possible, but that's kinda Monday-morning quarterbacking. We and the experts must depend on with what we know at the time, and we don't know much. I'd rather look back and say we overshot the mark than look back and see we let thousands/millions die through neglect.

Meanwhile, I'm one of those entrepreneurs you mentioned that is impacted so strongly. My phone just rang yesterday for the first time in almost a month. Never mind what has happened to our retirement funds. :s It's a tough time and it's going to get worse for everyone. We have to have faith, however, that the economy will recover, however slowly. Yes, we will all suffer, some terribly. But there is no recovering from death, so I see preventing the spread of this virus as our first priority. We may all get it in the end, but slowing its spread is important.

As to governmental overreach, I'm totally with you. I don't believe the authorities should be doing any more than supporting commonsense restrictions on movement and exposure. We should not let this crisis be a reason to cede freedoms to a power grabbing administration, be it local, state of federal. I fear authoritarian actions much more than I do a damaged economy. I am very concerned about how this crisis may be used as an excuse to manipulate the election in November, whether through executive order or voter suppression. If there is an election in November. I am going on record here with my prediction that there won't be.

Of course, I could be wrong. Probably am. :angel: Anyhow, thanks for listening. Civil discourse is important, especially now.
I appreciate your perspectives, Bob. Very balanced and well-stated perspectives...thank you!

The one example of aiming for herd immunity that I'm aware of is the UK. It started with this approach, realised it was not delivering and switched to a strong policy of social isolation. Its death rate continues to be higher than the US and some reports yesterday suggested it may well end up being the most badly affected country in Europe.

It's a problem that we're speculating on the basis of relatively little knowledge. The testing rates are low the world over—in the US just under 1% of the population has been tested. Even in the Faroe Islands, which is top of the pops for testing the rate is only 11%. We don't yet know for sure that having the virus provides immunity—although experts think it's highly likely. It's likely there's a whole load of deaths from this virus that remain unreported. That means there are likely to be loads more cases that are unreported. So the so-called 'hard' data does not provide a complete picture.

I agree with Inhouse Bob, we have to make (and hope our leaders are making) the best decisions we and they can on the information we have and the advice we're getting from experts. Even the best of them will make mistakes in circumstances that are changing as rapidly as these, so we need to cut them some slack.

As to government over-reach, I think a little latitude needs to be given in the circumstances. However, living as I do, in a country where government is almost daily becoming more powerful and less accountable, I remain afraid that any extra authority they give themselves through this period will not be wound back when the worst of this is over. It's hard to think of a political system where the ruling class has willingly given up power without being placed under significant duress.
 
Quote:Stichill: What if more people would die while suffering through a depression than would die from the virus impacting the minority population with existing co-morbidities, the most salient of which is extreme obesity? An interesting factoid I heard is that more people over the age of 100 have died from C-19 than have under age 30. Let that sink in a minute. This virus is not an equal-opportunity killer. Some specific populations are vulnerable and others are not, but we have a one-size-fits-all public policy vs. something rational and evidence-based.
I think what you've heard is wrong. It's killing the more vulnerable, yes but it's also killing otherwise perfectly healthy people without underlying conditions. Heck, it killed a healthy one year old in my own county. The fact that you are seemingly willing to sacrifice even those that are more vulnerable disturbs me a bit but that's for you to live with.

It's clear that we have we have very differing opinions about this and we're not going to be the ones to solve things here so I'm going to drop it. I agree with you about many things Stichill, just not this.
 
Ok now it's getting a bit personal and political, so I have deleted the last two comments. If it goes there again, I will close the thread.

How about some humor instead

I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.

2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.

The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house, and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!

You think it’s bad now? In 20 years our country will be run by people home-schooled by day drinkers…

This virus has done what no woman had been able to do…cancel all sports, shut down all bars, and keep men at home!!!

Do not call the police on suspicious people in your neighborhood! Those are your neighbors without makeup and hair extensions!

Since we can’t eat out, now’s the perfect time to eat better, get fit, and stay healthy. We’re quarantined! Who are we trying to impress? We have snacks, we have sweatpants – I say we use them!

Day 7 at home and the dog is looking at me like, “See? This is why I chew the furniture!”

Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands???

I never thought the comment “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6 foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!

Me: Alexa what’s the weather this weekend?
Alexa: It doesn’t matter – you’re not going anywhere.

Can everyone please just follow the government instructions so we can knock out this coronavirus and be done?! I feel like a kindergartner who keeps losing more recess time because one or two kids can’t follow directions.

I swear my fridge just said “what the **** do you want now?”

When this is over…what meeting do I attend first…Weight Watchers or AA?

Quarantine has turned us into dogs. We roam the house all day looking for food. We are told “no” if we get too close to strangers. And we get really excited about car rides and bike rides!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok now it's getting a bit personal and political, so I have deleted the last two comments. If it goes there again, I will close the thread.

How about some humor instead

I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.

2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.

The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house, and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!

You think it’s bad now? In 20 years our country will be run by people home-schooled by day drinkers…

This virus has done what no woman had been able to do…cancel all sports, shut down all bars, and keep men at home!!!

Do not call the police on suspicious people in your neighborhood! Those are your neighbors without makeup and hair extensions!

Since we can’t eat out, now’s the perfect time to eat better, get fit, and stay healthy. We’re quarantined! Who are we trying to impress? We have snacks, we have sweatpants – I say we use them!

Day 7 at home and the dog is looking at me like, “See? This is why I chew the furniture!”

Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands???

I never thought the comment “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6 foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!

Me: Alexa what’s the weather this weekend?
Alexa: It doesn’t matter – you’re not going anywhere.

Can everyone please just follow the government instructions so we can knock out this coronavirus and be done?! I feel like a kindergartner who keeps losing more recess time because one or two kids can’t follow directions.

I swear my fridge just said “what the **** do you want now?”

When this is over…what meeting do I attend first…Weight Watchers or AA?

Quarantine has turned us into dogs. We roam the house all day looking for food. We are told “no” if we get too close to strangers. And we get really excited about car rides and bike rides!
Now this sure made my day.. And my dog is staring at me with a sinister smile.
 
Thanks, Ferret.

Some are very good and fitting.
Don't know comparable jokes in
Germany. All too serious here.
Humor lightens the desaster.

Wisedrum
 
someone sent me this one...

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet!
 
Back
Top