Staintune

It’s unlikey Staintune will make twin slip ons until either the EX comes to Australia or someone really enthusiastic from another country send them an OE set they can work from.
 
Guth will send one on a plane from the fleet you mentioned in another thread. Go on down to the airport and wait for it. It will be there. No, it will! Just wait :)
 
popgun, I don't have any traction with them these days after my specifications for a special gymkhana edition exhaust was perceived to be too unrealistic and the quantity requested far too demanding given my planned timeframe. Sigh, oh what could have been...
 
I’m at the airport, fellas. Where do I wait?
 
At the lounge of course. Get a few Fosters and a Vegemite sandwich.
 
Still waiting ....... :beerchug:
 
A couple years ago Jerry over at Pirates Lair reported Staintune was closing. He was wrong. Now he is again reporting they are closing per an email from the company.

Scroll down to read the email:

The Latest Cheesy Pirates Lair Newsletter

Jerry reports his time selling their products was a heckuva ride
 
Thread starter
That's interesting, has anybody ordered anything from Staintune recently?

I think I'll contact them right away in case they have any left.
 
Member jhalsey posted a thread on 5/16 on his fabricating his own dual Staintunes. He purchased a Staintune muffler without the bracket welded on. He took the muffler to a welder and had the bracket welded on. Search "dual Staintunes " on our forum and you'll find his complete write-up along with pictures. They look great!
 
Sucks they are closing. I really really like my muffler and would buy another for my next bike if they made one- or replace this one if ever damaged.

My other bike has a full Muzzy pipe and they went under a while back as well.

BOO!!
 
Got mine, for my 2014 Standard, February 2017. The clearance is close but no problem with any contact.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I still don't see anything on Staintune's website indicating that they've shut down.

W/R, I hastily hooked up my camera gear this evening to try and capture a little bit more of the Staintune's character so that you might make a more informed decision. Sadly the microphone started flapping around in the breeze which doesn't do the audio quality any favors — sorry about that.


 
Thread starter
No worries Guth, my mind is already made up - I'm going to order one this week if it is still possible.

I do appreciate the effort though.
 
Listening to your vid Guth, I can imagine how glorious a set on a dual piper would sound
 
The ferret_imp said:
Listening to your vid Guth, I can imagine how glorious a set on a dual piper would sound
I'm sure that it wouldn't stink, lol. :D

What I couldn't say is how the volume level would be, at least for me. I find the single slip-on to be perfect in regards to both tone and volume. It's got the nice deep growl to it, but it's not too much louder than stock, It sounds great under acceleration, but also calms down nicely when cruising which wasn't really captured in the video. Those that are drawn to much quieter exhausts probably wouldn't enjoy it while others would probably love it. So it goes with most everything, eh?
 
Retsel, I had the same issue, only mine was actually making contact. For several months (maybe a year), I thought it was a manufacturing variance, and just lived with it.

But one day, I decided to try...again...to fix the problem. I simply loosened everything up, especially the connection point on the lower pipe, rotated the canister into a good position, and re-tightened. Perfect fit, with probably a 1/4 - 1/2" of clearance. I was so frustrated with myself for not figuring it out sooner....it was such a simple fix.

So, if your clearance issues gets worse, at least you know what's going on!
 
Jim21680_imp said:
Retsel, I had the same issue, only mine was actually making contact. For several months (maybe a year), I thought it was a manufacturing variance, and just lived with it.

But one day, I decided to try...again...to fix the problem. I simply loosened everything up, especially the connection point on the lower pipe, rotated the canister into a good position, and re-tightened. Perfect fit, with probably a 1/4 - 1/2" of clearance. I was so frustrated with myself for not figuring it out sooner....it was such a simple fix.

So, if your clearance issues gets worse, at least you know what's going on!
Great. Thanks, I'll probably fiddle with it and see if I can't get a little more clearance.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top