MX footpegs for our CB?

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Anyone know/have a link to a motocross style foot peg that fits our bikes?

I ordered a pair for a CRF110 that Amazon said would fit but it does not. Its 2mm too wide to fit inside the rearset bracket for the footpeg.

I can definitely throw it on my buddies belt grinder/sander and thin it out but I'd rather just order a direct fit if anyone knows? Not sure if I'm messing with structural integrity by removing 2mm off the mounting tabs.

All my buddies have been using these MX style footpegs on their Harleys for awhile cause they're so much more comfortable they say so I want to try them out myself.

AnXin Dirt Bike Foot Pegs Motorcycle Footpegs Foot Pedals Rests CNC For CRF 110 CRF110F 2013-2024 CRF125F 2014-2024 Dirt Pit Bike Black Amazon.com these are the ones I just got that do not fit. Shape and depth look right they tabs are 2mm too wide give or take.
00025ec182fa689b4825122b28f6affe.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Wider/more surface area for the foot on long rides for less pressure point seems to be the consensus. Like how some of the baggers have the full foot boards instead of pegs.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Have any pics by any chance? I have always wanted to try an F6B if the timing and price was right.

I'm gonna look up the pegs for that bike either way

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Always boots. Particularly high top Bates Boots, ultralites typically or one of the other Bates boots that I have. They're my everyday footwear anyways.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
Have any pics by any chance? I have always wanted to try an F6B if the timing and price was right.

I'm gonna look up the pegs for that bike either way

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I will try and get some in the morning
 
Thread starter
vano1975_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Have any pics by any chance? I have always wanted to try an F6B if the timing and price was right.

I'm gonna look up the pegs for that bike either way

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I will try and get some in the morning
I will try and get some in the morning Appreciated, I added a set to my cart for now.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
vano1975_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Have any pics by any chance? I have always wanted to try an F6B if the timing and price was right.

I'm gonna look up the pegs for that bike either way

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I will try and get some in the morning
I will try and get some in the morning Appreciated, I added a set to my cart for now.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I will try and get some in the morning Appreciated, I added a set to my cart for now.
I tried to add some pictures was to large

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
All good, I put the MX pegs on last night after some grinding but I dont think I like the way the spring sits in them.

Prob gonna go ahead with the goldwing pegs you mentioned

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Update, The OEM goldwing pegs do not work.

They fit the brackets themselves great with the cb hardware but the shifter cannot be installed with the golfwing footpeg in the bike.

Was looking forward to them and even painted the OEM goldwing pegs black ahead of time.
3924fa69d1485ace00d62bc19e6469b1.jpg
32db69551625fd05c26ac1054a4182cf.jpg
a842e24e34cb7447aa74c0ce69cc6fb7.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
vano1975_imp said:
I put the pegs from my f6b on my cb for a wider area works great a little grind with dermal tool
You have a picture of what you ground away?

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
try putting the foot peg pin in the other way. shifter on 1st, then the peg . i mean, thats really close but should clear
That is a good observation from the pivot of the shifter standpoint but that's where the lever is welded to it below that doesn't clear. I see what you mean/see tho M that would be a good idea if the lower portion cleared.

e86282fd630adda0441655673665e4bd.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
hangs down too low and hits the lower part of the shifter? grind the peg. ?
Thats what I'm thinking so far. Or go back to OEM

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
me, being me, would mod the peg 1st and try it. nothing to lose at this point.
Thats what I'm thinking for the same reason haha

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top