Smart Turn System

I still like the beeper I installed.. pretty basic.. the only drawback is you must be able to hear it.. that is why I mounted mine up on the bars..
chuckk ..
.
bc940ce33674ddeaa9fb7e144c123fbf.jpg
 
We have a brake switch, a neutral switch and a clutch switch, i wonder if that combination might work to cancel indicators in a sequence......
 
I would guess that Harley Davidson’s patent has expired by now ,why not borrow their 20 something year old achievements.
 
Obleo is saying Harley has had a pretty good self canceling turn signal system for over 20 years.
 
I would have to say here in 2020 bikes with ABS should all be able to leverage those sensor signals and generate an event based on the re-aligned velocities of the wheels following the completion of a turn. The generated event would be leveraged to force the cancellation of the active turn signal. This should be trivial to do now. Maybe the issue has been political and about modern day business risk. Think "self-driving vehicles" and the myriad of business risk current generation implementations pose. Maybe Honda finally figured out a really reliable implementation.
 
I am willing to bet many Forum members have the muscle memory, thumb and arm sign. Sadly, :dodgy: it is drivers of cars where many don't used their "muscle memory" which is annoying for everybody.
 
let me ask the question... who has not been preoccupied and has forgotten to turn off their directional.. there would be many more white Buicks on the road I'm afraid, if it was the rule one had to drive a Buick if they left their signal on by mistake..

chuckk, the beeper guy ..
a riding buddy was so bad at turning off his directional, I came up with a signal for him.. seeing that he was usually riding right behind me.. I would make an arm signal for a right hand turn, raising my arm up and down at the speed of a flasher.. he would then Catch on and shut it off.. I suggested using a cheap beeper set up like mine, but his hearing was too poor when he sat on my bike to try mine out..
chuckk ..
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Not too many gizmos for my, I like exercising my brain to stay alert and be in control. As to this issue, I wish my '14 indicators were as big as my previous '13, hey but working on this improvement, post #1

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15027

I like Chuckk's beeper
:biker: then:beerchug:
I think the beeper is a useful option too. For me, however, I'd probably go with a single general bright flasher between the instrument dials. It is quiet and virtually impossible to miss. Arguably, one could have both audible and visual alert mechanisms.
 
obleo_imp said:
G . O : Harley uses a bank angle sensor, not that difficult to develop this system .
I reckon in Honda's 2020 implementation they use a six-dimension IMU semiconductor device. That said, even this approach is not profound in this day of age. They have been used on gaming handheld/head mount consoles for quite awhile.

HD was probably using some tech between a modern day IMU device and a mercury reed switch. :)
 
m in sc_imp said:
shoot, my grom has a bank angle sensor. lol. i agree, would be easy to implement, super easy, but again: why is this necessary?
Maybe not too useful for manual shifting-based bikes, I could be wrong. Otherwise, the signals could help in rear wheel torque management while banking.
 
m in sc, it isn’t ‘necessary’ but it may be ‘desirable’. The reason? Safety. Turn signals that can reliably cancel mean one less possible error for a rider. Somebody or other’s law will tell you that the one time you forget to switch them off will be in traffic when it will mislead some enthusiast in an enormous truck to plow into you.
 
I have been riding for many years (decades) and still forget to turn off the indicator.
If any members have feedback as to installation, reliability and performance I would very much appreciate hearing from you.
 
Back
Top