Side panel 1100/4 badges

Thread starter
:beerchug::beerchug:
mtneers_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
max_imp said:
If you just want the diamond side emblems here are the honda partnumbers, one for left and one for the right side cover;
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/87126-341-000

and the right hand side;
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/87127-341-000

Here's what you get;

Looks like the o.e.m. parts.
I am all for the "legendary look" past CBs. It speaks something of the model lineage. And maybe these emblems look better in-person on the bike. However, for some reason the images online look almost like "cheap" plastic model toy grade. Is that indeed the case? How durable are these after a few years under the sun? (as well as the "1100Four" when exposed to pant leg abrasion?)
I am all for the "legendary look" past CBs. It speaks something of the model lineage. And maybe these emblems look better in-person on the bike. However, for some reason the images online look almost like "cheap" plastic model toy grade. Is that indeed the case? How durable are these after a few years under the sun? (as well as the "1100Four" when exposed to pant leg abrasion?)

I’ve had my metal emblems for 3 years on two different sets of side covers. I see no degradation at all. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been stopped getting fuel, etc. and someone asked me what model year the CB is or how “preserved” it looks for its age.
5599860a3e66192e92070d887be67512.png
Really not concerned about their looks in a “few years under the sun”. I bought them for the present, not future. To each his own I guess.
a86fa73350d35b176aa189a99e29d2ab.png




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am all for the "legendary look" past CBs. It speaks something of the model lineage. And maybe these emblems look better in-person on the bike. However, for some reason the images online look almost like "cheap" plastic model toy grade. Is that indeed the case? How durable are these after a few years under the sun? (as well as the "1100Four" when exposed to pant leg abrasion?)

I’ve had my metal emblems for 3 years on two different sets of side covers. I see no degradation at all. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been stopped getting fuel, etc. and someone asked me what model year the CB is or how “preserved” it looks for its age.
eee2dd6829f669c558d014ac7e76fb19.png
Really not concerned about their looks in a “few years under the sun”. I bought them for the present, not future. To each his own I guess.
77d39c6e40aa12822e9d2b4e10300ca7.png




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk :beerchug:
 
“Maybe.... if the model was called a CB 1150, but it's not. It's a CB 1100.” It’s ok to fix Honda’s mistake. We do it all the time By replacing the silver side covers with red ones. Adding RLETS, etc.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Here are the metal French ones, mentioned by mtneers...

https://tinyurl.com/y6bwqj25
Yes, that is where I got mine. One thing to mention, you will want to slightly bend the 1100Four emblem before installing to conform with the curve of the side covers. I'm very happy with them and people love seeing them on the "retro" bike. It completes the look.
a3948aaae7dffdf3b36910daa023b474.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey PD, how are you doing?

Alive. That’s all that matters.

Bought all the parts that got scraped while I was on the couch recovering back then- but haven’t touched the bike since the accident.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The E-Bay "1100Four" metal badges have arrived and they are of superb quality - better, even, than Honda's original plastic ones! They ha e self-adhesive tape on the back. I guess, being metal, that they could be GENTLY slightly curved to suit the side panel.
They're being added to my stock of parts to be fitted when (if!) I can get this Whitehouse project back on course.

510423342b1ea7e617f505988f68008e.jpg


545c02e19cfc178fd0d4c1539170acf8.jpg
 
Back
Top