WARNING About Daytona Boots Scam Web Site

2017EX_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So Cormanus had posted he was thinking it was about time for some new boots. I responded with a few replies about my positive experience with Daytona boots, and related information, as many other members did on other brands as well. I had also been thinking about getting another pair of Daytonas, taller than the ones I have now, so I did some internet searching for the best deal. I found a site called daytonaboots usa.com .

I found that entire line of Daytona boots on daytonabootsusa.com were listed "on sale" at 50% off! I thought that $208 with free shipping on a $416 hand made in Germany set of boots for instance, was a bit too good to be true so I checked that site on scamadvisor.com. It turns out that the site server is in China, along with several other red flags ( check out daytonabootsusa.com on scam advisor for all the other red flags ). Checking further I emailed daytonabootsusa.com, and asked if boots would be shipped from the U.S., or shipped from Europe. Here is the response I got, and note that the simple question I asked was not answered:

Hi,

item is in stock, you can place the order online directly.
Our payment method has Credit Card(Visa Card and Master card), bank transfer.
I kindly suggest you to pay by Bank Transfer which enjoy 10% OFF. What is your opinion?

Best regards,
Yours sincerely


doris@promt-reply.com

Scam Advisor lists prompt-reply.com server as being in Switzerland, and of course the wording sounds suspiciously Asian. Another 10% off for a Bank Transfer? No one in their right mind would ever do that. The daytonabootsusa.com web site might appear legitimate t first glance, but I have no doubt at this point that it is a scam. I highly recommend Daytona boots as a premium product, so long as they are purchased from a legitimate source. I hope this bit of info will help any member considering Daytona boots from being victimized, and avoid a costly mistake.
 
Crazy world. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Thanks for the heads up 2017EX. For the record, though, It was bigsheep who started the thread about new boots.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks for the heads up 2017EX. For the record, though, It was bigsheep who started the thread about new boots.
Whoops! My mistake, my bad, sorry Cormanus...you are correct Sir!
 
No problem, 2017EX. You were kind enough to respond to my comment about my current boots filling up with water when caught in serious rain.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
No problem, 2017EX. You were kind enough to respond to my comment about my current boots filling up with water when caught in serious rain.
Wearing the boots would reduce the filling up with water capacity dramatically. :cool:
 
Quite right, Django, but I'm too stingy to buy new boots 'till my current ones disintegrate and I've solved the waterproofing issue with $30 overboots.

Besides, it makes my riding companions laugh when I take off my boot and tip out the water! :dodgy:
 
Django_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
No problem, 2017EX. You were kind enough to respond to my comment about my current boots filling up with water when caught in serious rain.
Wearing the boots would reduce the filling up with water capacity dramatically. :cool:
:rofl::rofl:

I got an image of Cormanus on his bike in the rain, with his boots hanging from the handlebar. :D
 
:rofl:

I hang ‘em upside down on the mirrors. :D
 
i just emailed daytona to see what they say. will post if they reply. hard to believe they haven't gotten them shut down if a scam... agree with you, just curious...
 
Well i dont know but of a serious page you finde a real adress phonenumber, info about the factory , detail info of the products and so on.....and not only a big story how safe is the moneytransfere......

And only from the original page you finde the way/ link to ohter sale countrys of the product.....

And yes this should be the sender mailadress of this factory ? ...LOL....
 
Dear Jim,

thank you for this info! We don´t know this dealer.. its fake!!


Mit freundlichen Grüßen


Christina Frey


Berta Frey & Söhne oHG

daytona Schuhfabrik

Bahnhofstrasse 5+6

84307 Eggenfelden

Deutschland
 
Thread starter
Aside from too good to be true pricing, there were just too many other red flags, which is why I posted it for everyone. Now it has been confirmed directly from Daytona.
 
Back
Top