Service Manual

tomcat_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Went to Helm, Inc to buy a service manual for my 2014 CB. Reasonable price of $50, but shipping and handling added ~ $40 which is absurd. My question is will a 2013 service manual be sufficient or are there substantial differences other than transmission between the '13 and '14? I don't plan on anything major just like having a reference other than owners manual.
 
^^This^^does not work for me, possible others as well due to: insecure style sheets therefore no rich content, just text, no banners, etc.
 
pekingduck has a 2013 shop manual for sale for $50 + $5 shipping. Still in its original wrapper.

Us the link, then go to then URL bar, change https to http and press Enter.
 
pekingduck no longer has a service manual for sale.
 
Hi, Im looking for a service manual for a 2014 CB1100. Im going to attempt to fix the dreaded IACV issue with the bike; since there is no video availble on the net; I think its good one to make and help others. Its crazy I think the valve just gets dirty and after sitting for a few years ; it woukd need just cleaning... but first I need to get to it.
 
Cbman_imp said:
Hi, Im looking for a service manual for a 2014 CB1100. Im going to attempt to fix the dreaded IACV issue with the bike; since there is no video availble on the net; I think its good one to make and help others. Its crazy I think the valve just gets dirty and after sitting for a few years ; it woukd need just cleaning... but first I need to get to it.
What kind of problem are you having that replacing the IACV will help? I ask because I had the fast idle problem (would only idle at 2000rpm) and I spent $600 to have the IACV replaced and it didn't help. I replaced the ECU and that cured the problem. There are a LOT of posts about curing the fast idle (and the slow, irregular idle) by replacing the IACV. I don't know why or how that cured it, but I do know that it didn't solve my problem and it is a LOT easier to replace the ECU. My bike was a 2013 standard and it ran GREAT after I replaced the ECU.
 
Back
Top