Rubber Lever End Thingies

OMG....I am good in this matter but Lord Popgun and Cormanus are experts, so they will chime in, be patient..
:)
 
The path to RLET enlightenment is a journey you must take by yourself Padawan. The answer on this board is. Shortcuts there are none. Only then will your training be complete and no longer a Pawadan you will be.

Until then an eye the Ring will keep on you and help guide your journey.
 
mrded_imp said:
Can someone explain me what is going on, and why do you need it?
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.
We are easily amused around here :banana:
 
:huh:...looks like a few members lost their job and have to apply for EI....mi Lord, what should we do now? :s
 
They will either see the light or join the Dark side with the Sith Lord Redbirds. The weak minded are easily drawn to the Dark side. ;)
 
Thread starter
redbirds is a really good bloke. It’s a pity really ...
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
mrded_imp said:
Can someone explain me what is going on, and why do you need it?
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.
We are easily amused around here :banana:
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.
We are easily amused around here :banana:

Nay, Rlets are not a joke and should never be taken as such. Rlets are a symbol, a living testimony if you will, to founder Soichiro Honda and to the machine, the CB Honda motorcycle. They are an important link to our past, and guidance to our future.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
mrded_imp said:
Can someone explain me what is going on, and why do you need it?
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.
We are easily amused around here :banana:
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.
We are easily amused around here :banana:

Nay, Rlets are not a joke and should never be taken as such. Rlets are a symbol, a living testimony if you will, to founder Soichiro Honda and to the machine, the CB Honda motorcycle. They are an important link to our past, and guidance to our future.
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.
We are easily amused around here :banana:

Nay, Rlets are not a joke and should never be taken as such. Rlets are a symbol, a living testimony if you will, to founder Soichiro Honda and to the machine, the CB Honda motorcycle. They are an important link to our past, and guidance to our future. I am humbled and repentant for my irreverent tone. I bow to our Sensei :worship:
 
RLET...you either get them...or you don't.

My concern is this: does one pluralize the abbreviation "RLET"...or not?

I mean "Thingies" is already plural, so it should be enough do say:

"Should I go with the visible or invisible RLET?" (with no "s" added)

Yet, it seems much more natural to pluralize the abbreviation, and therefore in answer to the innocent question raised above, one might hear:

"The problem with invisible RLETs is that they are hard to see on the floor if they should happen to slip away from you upon installation"

And another thing that perplexes me: If (and that's a big "if") it is correct to pluralize RLET, do I capitalize the "S" and make it "RLETS" or use small "s"? Sorry, this latter questions likely deserves its own thread.
 
Since they come 1 to a bag, I would think 2 would be RLETs. I’ve always used the small s, and thought it was thingie, not thingies. BUT, I would have to go the the 80something page thread and verify. Naa, I’m sticking with what I do :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Since they come 1 to a bag, I would think 2 would be RLETs. I’ve always used the small s, and thought it was thingie, not thingies. BUT, I would have to go the the 80something page thread and verify. Naa, I’m sticking with what I do :D
Um, thread title says "thingies" so that may have thrown me off.

So if one of mine rips as it rubs against my car door, I should say to parts guy,

I need to pick up one "Rubber Lever End Thing"

Yes?
 
Holy moly, look at the the thread title Rubber Lever End Thingies, so the short form is RLETs in general...

If you buy them for replacement, you should always buy a pair, as these thingies do not like to be separated....and keep one as a spare..
:D
 
pdedse_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Since they come 1 to a bag, I would think 2 would be RLETs. I’ve always used the small s, and thought it was thingie, not thingies. BUT, I would have to go the the 80something page thread and verify. Naa, I’m sticking with what I do :D
Um, thread title says "thingies" so that may have thrown me off.

So if one of mine rips as it rubs against my car door, I should say to parts guy,

I need to pick up one "Rubber Lever End Thing"

Yes?
Um, thread title says "thingies" so that may have thrown me off.

So if one of mine rips as it rubs against my car door, I should say to parts guy,

I need to pick up one "Rubber Lever End Thing"

Yes?

Yes. That’s exactly what you should ask and take a video so we can see his reaction.
 
pdedse_imp said:
RLET...you either get them...or you don't.

My concern is this: does one pluralize the abbreviation "RLET"...or not?

I mean "Thingies" is already plural, so it should be enough do say:

"Should I go with the visible or invisible RLET?" (with no "s" added)

Yet, it seems much more natural to pluralize the abbreviation, and therefore in answer to the innocent question raised above, one might hear:

"The problem with invisible RLETs is that they are hard to see on the floor if they should happen to slip away from you upon installation"

And another thing that perplexes me: If (and that's a big "if") it is correct to pluralize RLET, do I capitalize the "S" and make it "RLETS" or use small "s"? Sorry, this latter questions likely deserves its own thread.
Got no response other than pdedse's post just made me smile for some reason. Quite clever.
 
Thread starter
I can’t recall what happened 10 minutes ago, so the reason I called this thread Rubber Lever End Thingies is lost in the mists of time.

However, It is likely I had in mind that I’d just installed two of them. They come in packs of one which means that, even though the title of the thread refers to ‘thingies’, an RLET is actually a Rubber Lever End Thing. When using the acronym, the plural as RLETs.
 
So, if I got this right: when I make my own t-shirt, it should read "RLETs Racing" rather than "RLET Racing" right? The argument being that, as I interpret this thread, bikes need two of these to work properly - only one RLET causes imbalance, dissonance or worse.
Note: I will of course not go ahead with this t-shirt idea before having installed RLETs with the forum nod of approval.
 
Back
Top