Chip Beck Spec Low Handlebar/Mirrors Mod.

Love the handlebar change. Has changed my riding position a bit too, but with the previous bars I had this awkward not quite upright position, but not leaning forward thing. I'm enjoying the change for now. Thanks Chip for your great write-up. I'll eventually get the mirrors too.

 
Thread starter
Pulled the trigger on the mirrors finally. Was really getting sick of the mickey mouse style and also the complete lack of visibility I had with my shoulders obstructing my view constantly. I feel much more attuned to my surroundings now that I have this expanded view. Also added the SW Motech crash bars. New Progrips (a Ferret-inspired standby). I think things are finally coming to a close in the farkles dept:



[url=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/specialist87/media/20170613_203146.jpg.html]

[url=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/specialist87/media/20170613_203257.jpg.html]

[url=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/specialist87/media/20170613_203157.jpg.html]
 
Hey folks,

I have a 2016 checkered Canadian model with a matching Road Comet 2. It is my understanding that it is essentially a 2014 standard. Regardless I love the bike and this handlebar mod seems perfect for me.

I have already switched to some cheap bar end mirrors which mount internally in place of the internal dampers. Mirrors don’t vibrate and are crystal clear so not going with CB500 mirrors.

I ordered the bars with part number given. They’ve arrived and hope to mount them soon. I did notice, however, that the bars have knurling for the riser clamps - two bands on each side. It looks like the inner bands will be exposed after mounting. Is there a difference in riser spacing between the 2013 and 2014 (2016)? Or do others have this knurling showing on the finished product?

Hoping they didn’t send me the wrong bars.
 
Just did bar change fairly easy after these instructions.
I didn't read it here and am sorry if already covered but I learned the easiest method of removing old grips for me has been using
The air compressor nozzle. Thanks
 
Welcome to the forum, JamesMims. Why not head over to the New Members area and introduce yourself?
 
Back
Top