Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.mrded_imp said:Can someone explain me what is going on, and why do you need it?


Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.Inhouse Bob_imp said:Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.mrded_imp said:Can someone explain me what is going on, and why do you need it?
We are easily amused around here :banana:
Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.The ferret_imp said:Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.Inhouse Bob_imp said:Longest running joke on the forum. Go back one page for photos from Italy showing what all the fuss is about. Then you, too, can join in the fun.mrded_imp said:Can someone explain me what is going on, and why do you need it?
We are easily amused around here :banana:
We are easily amused around here :banana:
Nay, Rlets are not a joke and should never be taken as such. Rlets are a symbol, a living testimony if you will, to founder Soichiro Honda and to the machine, the CB Honda motorcycle. They are an important link to our past, and guidance to our future.

Um, thread title says "thingies" so that may have thrown me off.Lord Popgun_imp said:Since they come 1 to a bag, I would think 2 would be RLETs. I’ve always used the small s, and thought it was thingie, not thingies. BUT, I would have to go the the 80something page thread and verify. Naa, I’m sticking with what I do![]()

Um, thread title says "thingies" so that may have thrown me off.pdedse_imp said:Um, thread title says "thingies" so that may have thrown me off.Lord Popgun_imp said:Since they come 1 to a bag, I would think 2 would be RLETs. I’ve always used the small s, and thought it was thingie, not thingies. BUT, I would have to go the the 80something page thread and verify. Naa, I’m sticking with what I do![]()
So if one of mine rips as it rubs against my car door, I should say to parts guy,
I need to pick up one "Rubber Lever End Thing"
Yes?
Got no response other than pdedse's post just made me smile for some reason. Quite clever.pdedse_imp said:RLET...you either get them...or you don't.
My concern is this: does one pluralize the abbreviation "RLET"...or not?
I mean "Thingies" is already plural, so it should be enough do say:
"Should I go with the visible or invisible RLET?" (with no "s" added)
Yet, it seems much more natural to pluralize the abbreviation, and therefore in answer to the innocent question raised above, one might hear:
"The problem with invisible RLETs is that they are hard to see on the floor if they should happen to slip away from you upon installation"
And another thing that perplexes me: If (and that's a big "if") it is correct to pluralize RLET, do I capitalize the "S" and make it "RLETS" or use small "s"? Sorry, this latter questions likely deserves its own thread.
