Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.GoldOxide_imp said:... sumthin' unnatural 'bout heatin' 'em up in the microwave.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.GoldOxide_imp said:... sumthin' unnatural 'bout heatin' 'em up in the microwave.
Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.pdedse_imp said:Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.GoldOxide_imp said:... sumthin' unnatural 'bout heatin' 'em up in the microwave.
I hate you.zbillster_imp said:Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.pdedse_imp said:Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.GoldOxide_imp said:... sumthin' unnatural 'bout heatin' 'em up in the microwave.
I did consider putting them in a glass jar on my front porch and letting the 95 degree F Texas sun do the rest ... but that would involve waiting till tomorrow.

I hate you.pdedse_imp said:I hate you.zbillster_imp said:Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.pdedse_imp said:Well, one could set them in the sun, but here in Oregon that would mean waitin' till next July.GoldOxide_imp said:... sumthin' unnatural 'bout heatin' 'em up in the microwave.
I did consider putting them in a glass jar on my front porch and letting the 95 degree F Texas sun do the rest ... but that would involve waiting till tomorrow.![]()
zbillster_imp said:I do not like the Cone of Shame ...
![]()
The mutilation is mostly to my PayPal wallet ... the going price for RLETs on eBay and elsewhere has doubled since this thread started in 2013.GoldOxide_imp said:In some realms, this would be considered mutilation.
zbillster_imp said:I do not like the Cone of Shame ...
![]()

I should also note that I softened them up quite a bit by inserting my fingers, end of a Sharpie, etc. ... basically, use them as a stress toy for a couple of hours before installation.zbillster_imp said:![]()
Slight modification of your method:
1. Heated up in a bowl of water in microwave for 45 seconds or so
2. Used tongs to put on dry towel from microwave bowl
3. Quickly ... to the garage!!!
4. Held lever FIRMLY forward and stationary with left hand
5. Used right thumb and forefinger to push lips over the ball and past the equator ... I put the flat part of the lip on the flat, hollowed bottom of the lever bulb
6. Try 1 through 5 again if it cools down after a few tries
7. Once you're past the equator, you're home free ... position into place
8. Hide the CB from public view till the split one arrives via eBay ... :-/
Until #8 ... I am but half a man. :dodgy:
Still think it was accomplished in post-production with digital effects.The ferret_imp said:Holy smokes I believe we have a new Rlet installation champ. People were astonished when Nemo put one on in 11 seconds. I think you just did it in about 4. Wow
Impressed am I![]()
Hopefully it won't be "weird" or anything like that.EmptySea_imp said:You have to include the 15 seconds in the microwave in the install time, IMO. Even so, still much faster than I did. I think I need to add RLETs to Cheryl’s Speedmaster.

pdedse_imp said:Oh my...that was...something else to watch. Are you sure you ordered the right SIZE RLETS? Maybe they sent you the extra small ones. : )
I think I had the best result using three fingers to push RLET on, thumb, index and middle...even the ring finger gets in on the action...don't let it squirm around--beast it on....show it who's the boss!
And for the next video of actually getting the RLET on, I might suggest
THIS AS BACKGROUND MUSIC
