emptysea
Road warrior
When I install RLETs, I prefer to have Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" playing in the background and I sometimes have a smoke afterward.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Bazbro_imp said:"I have a dream..." or rather I HAD a dream, just the other night.
In bed and staring at the ceiling, the bedroom suddenly filled with an incredibly bright light, and there, before me, appeared the vision of... an RLET!
I didn't know what to do...
Was it a dream? A vision? A warning even...??
Suffice to say that, in great fear and trepidation, I placed my order first thing the very next morn, and said RLETs are winging their celestial way (or however the Post Office deal with such things) towards me, even as we speak.
I expect to be anointed with their presence in a day or two.
O blessed am I.
I shall no longer be accursed among the RLETTERS as an 'unworthy'. I shall rise up and take my rightful place alongside such anointed stalwarts as Cormanus, Popgun and His Gloriousness my lord Ferret... and others.
Praise the RLETs - my passport to the Inner Sanctum! :excited:
:celebrate:
Heh PB, that is pretty funny.peterbaron_imp said:![]()
Grand RLETs Master
Turn on your speakers
![]()
:angel: and another angel gets their wingsBazbro_imp said:Little bastuds... :dodgy:
They've led me a merry dance this afternoon. I've heated them, greased 'em, wiggled, pulled, pushed, stretched, poked, prodded, cajoled, begged and pleaded...
Finally... I "persuaded" them on with a little-known Oriental trick called "Stretchy-Rletty"...
It involves inserting a small electrical screwdriver in the little hole in the end and using it as a lever to stretch it on. (Threatening to rip its guts open helps enormously... shouted at the top of your voice too!)
I'm sure the pair I was supplied with were intended for one of Honda's 50cc mopeds...
![]()

Cormanus_imp said:On April Fool’s Day 2014 I installed RLETs on my 2011 CB1100 and began this thread. Earlier this month the beast toppled over on me and left me with a shorty clutch lever. The tale of how all this came to pass may well be told in a chronicle in due course.
So, brothers and sisters, what to do?
Should I:
[li]Try to take the old RLET off the broken lever and put it on the new lever; or[/li] [li]Acquire a new RLET?
[/li]
redbirds, peterbaron and other heretics will suggest there is an option 3: rebalance the bike by ripping the RLET off the brake lever. Forget it. It is not an option. Keep your heretical thoughts to yourselves.
The economics of the question are irrelevant; the critical issue is whether an intact RLET retains its mystical properties and should continue in service or, when injured or tainted, should be consigned to history’s dustbin. Or, I suppose, mounted in my personal hall of shame.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Stopy right there...YES! They are much easier to take off than put on, and the second time you do put them on, they go on easy 'cause they're all stretched out.Cormanus_imp said:On April Fool’s Day 2014 I installed RLETs on my 2011 CB1100 and began this thread. Earlier this month the beast toppled over on me and left me with a shorty clutch lever. The tale of how all this came to pass may well be told in a chronicle in due course.
[url=https://postimg.cc/nCZHL7yx]
So, brothers and sisters, what to do?
Should I:
[li]Try to take the old RLET off the broken lever and put it on the new lever; or[/li] [li]Acquire a new RLET?
[/li]
redbirds, peterbaron and other heretics will suggest there is an option 3: rebalance the bike by ripping the RLET off the brake lever. Forget it. It is not an option. Keep your heretical thoughts to yourselves.
The economics of the question are irrelevant; the critical issue is whether an intact RLET retains its mystical properties and should continue in service or, when injured or tainted, should be consigned to history’s dustbin. Or, I suppose, mounted in my personal hall of shame.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

