Rubber Lever End Thingies

Vegas were kinda cool, and my first car was almost a used red Gremlin. Both cars were hopelessly a sink for cash to restore. So I got sucked into a 3.8L V6 rear wheel drive Pontiac Sunbird. A bare improvement over the Vega, if that at all.

RLETs was not even a thing in my mind.
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
What's the RLET equivelent for a car....? Steering wheel cover maybe...? :huh:
Perhaps those door edge grommets that keep you from door-dinging other cars in the parking lot.
 
I do not like the Cone of Shame ... :(

efb989fb1255417e736c0f009e3f19bd.jpg
 
And another goes to the Dark Side... :(
 
redbirds_imp said:
Ah, no more beautiful sight than a cut off RLET.
Not cut off ... let's say I got too aggressive with the 90-degree pliers trying to get them ON. :s

Don't be like me ... don't use ANY tools. :-/

Now heating them up again, sticking a Sharpie into one end, then moving to my pinkie finger, then my middle finger (which seems appropriate) ...

If I can just get the lips around the equator of the lever ball, I'll be home free.


 
1. 15 seconds micro wave
2. dab of olive oil on lip of RLET
3. firmly with thumb and 2 fingers--no oil on fingers--push RLET on
4. ride


 
Holy smokes I believe we have a new Rlet installation champ. People were astonished when Nemo put one on in 11 seconds. I think you just did it in about 4. Wow

Impressed am I
 
e9a6c1456132d04443e21e00561f3c6b.jpg


Slight modification of your method:
1. Heated up in a bowl of water in microwave for 45 seconds or so
2. Used tongs to put on dry towel from microwave bowl
3. Quickly ... to the garage!!!
4. Held lever FIRMLY forward and stationary with left hand
5. Used right thumb and forefinger to push lips over the ball and past the equator ... I put the flat part of the lip on the flat, hollowed bottom of the lever bulb
6. Try 1 through 5 again if it cools down after a few tries
7. Once you're past the equator, you're home free ... position into place
8. Hide the CB from public view till the split one arrives via eBay ... :-/

Until #8 ... I am but half a man. :dodgy:
The ferret_imp said:
Holy smokes I believe we have a new Rlet installation champ. People were astonished when Nemo put one on in 11 seconds. I think you just did it in about 4. Wow

Impressed am I
Still think it was accomplished in post-production with digital effects. :D
 
Back
Top