Rubber Lever End Thingies

I would agree with A-man. An original RLET plasti-dipped another color is acceptable BUT, the plasti-dip must be applied BEFORE installation, not after... :dodgy:
 
G'day Cormanus, I got my RLETS in yesterday, and installed them this morning. Boiled them in water, soapy water on the lever ball. Took some effort, but no big deal...maybe 30-45 seconds each actual installation time. Pics attached. Working on a simple bar end fix, and will post when I have it all figured out. Cheers Mate, Bill
 
:angel: and another angel gets THEIR wings
 
I think the reason the new RLETS go on so easy compared to the ones we put on 3 or 4 years ago is due to them just being made. Honda stopped making RLETS years ago so was buying NOS RLETS which was making the rubber over 30 years old. I bought out several dealers of NOS RLETS which I still have a lot of them. Honda saw the sales go up and started making them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Cormanus_imp said:
From an other thread:

Retsel_imp said:
Love the seat! Not to sure about the red end weights? I might have went with red RLETs. Probably couldn't get into the "club" with red ones though.



Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Well, RLET philosophers, what to make of this curly question: if an RLET isn't black, is it an RLET?

Once, I recall, a member tried to thwart his initiation duty by using PlastiDip or one of those new-fangled compounds to simulate an RLET. He—and it was a 'he'—was found by Celestial Body 1100 (the arbiters in these matters) to have failed. PlastiDip simulations were not RLETs.

So, if a member goes red, what to do? Some preliminary thoughts. If it is a genuine red RLET from Honda, it's an RLET. If it's a genuine black RLET from Honda somehow rendered red and installed in the traditional manner, it's probably also an RLET. Anything else? I suspect not.

Discuss.

There may be help or inspiration in this thread, but I doubt it.

If you're going to color-match your RLETs, you should sell your CB1100 and buy a Schwinn Stingray from 1968.
 
RLETs installed, overcame my fear of the rubber glove (I wasn't bent over!) and it made a huge difference being able to grip those things!
 
Thread starter
Ah, CTsCB, congratulations. In due course, popgun will advise you of your status with the Force and Ferret will do his thing with the angels. There's also something about a secret handshake, but you might have to attend the 2018 Forum Rally in the US to be shown it.
 
Congrats CTsCB! A Padawan no longer are you. One of us you are now. The secret handshake The Ferret show you he will, at the next rally.
 
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
 
CTsCB_imp said:
RLETs installed, overcame my fear of the rubber glove (I wasn't bent over!) and it made a huge difference being able to grip those things!
Nice...love the white tank!
 
Blockhead_imp said:
I would agree with A-man. An original RLET plasti-dipped another color is acceptable BUT, the plasti-dip must be applied BEFORE installation, not after... :dodgy:
Lifting the bike to dip the leaver ends in that little container may prove difficult? Extra points should be given for this method, I believe!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
Blockhead_imp said:
I would agree with A-man. An original RLET plasti-dipped another color is acceptable BUT, the plasti-dip must be applied BEFORE installation, not after... :dodgy:
Lifting the bike to dip the leaver ends in that little container may prove difficult? Extra points should be given for this method, I believe!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Lifting the bike to dip the leaver ends in that little container may prove difficult? Extra points should be given for this method, I believe!
Mate, to pull that one off, the force would really have to be with you!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Ah, CTsCB, congratulations. In due course, popgun will advise you of your status with the Force and Ferret will do his thing with the angels. There's also something about a secret handshake, but you might have to attend the 2018 Forum Rally in the US to be shown it.
Thanks Cormanus, I am actually thinking of trying to make the 2018 rally depending where it will be....
 
Thread starter
The US rally?
 
What do you think it means when you sell your bike and the new owner removes the RLETs before it has even left your garage? Was there a disturbance in the force that day? Does an angel come crashing to earth with no wings?
 
Thread starter
First, the new owner is a Philistine. Secondly, the Force would be frantic. Thirdly, Heaven knows about the hapless angel. Fourthly, are you sure you sold the bike to the right person?

But probably the best advice is put the RLETs in the new bike—even though it isn’t a Honda.
 
Back
Top