Rubber Lever End Thingies

EmptySea_imp said:
My first set of RLETs were dealer-installed. I thought I should bond in frustration with my fellow CB'ers by installing them myself on my new bike. I'm not sure what the hoopla was all about. If I hadn't dropped it once, I think I'd have been under :30


:rofl: Nicely done MTC

:angel: and another angel gets her wings!
 
A Padawan no longer are you! One of us you are now.

AND, Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally.
 
Thread starter
What does this mean, popgun? MTC has previously graduated. Or, because a dealer used he did, graduate he did not?
 
Ummmm, confused was I by the Ferrets post. Good MTC is, I would say. A Padawan he is not for some time.
 
After many frustrating tries, I noticed the back of the lever is flat, as is part of the collar on the RLET. So I tried pushing the RLET on from the back of the ball to the front with two flat spots mated. BINGO!

Slid the other one on first try.
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
The ferret_imp said:
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
So are all "Angles" female, in your universe or are is it the members that achieve the goal, that determines the gender of the angel that gets their wings? I always thought of angles as non-gender? Are RLET angles different?
65d2bc2f0d9ab989d07373336df9691a.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
So are all "Angles" female, in your universe or are is it the members that achieve the goal, that determines the gender of the angel that gets their wings? I always thought of angles as non-gender? Are RLET angles different?
65d2bc2f0d9ab989d07373336df9691a.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
So are all "Angles" female, in your universe or are is it the members that achieve the goal, that determines the gender of the angel that gets their wings? I always thought of angles as non-gender? Are RLET angles different?
2dcae90280db02ebf020a535050f6b1b.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk What "angle" are you coming at Retsel? Male/female/neutral, angles/angels? I always thought of angles as obtuse/acute/right...
e0170bb6640d5136fb73d9c403ae157f.png
 
Lol Engish funny language. Place one letter wrong and change the entire meaning,

Anyhow, when I was growing up angels were always female for some reason, so at 67 I'm just going to leave them that way. I think heavenly males were wingless and called cherubs or something. I could be wrong.
 
stateboy_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
So are all "Angles" female, in your universe or are is it the members that achieve the goal, that determines the gender of the angel that gets their wings? I always thought of angles as non-gender? Are RLET angles different?
65d2bc2f0d9ab989d07373336df9691a.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
So are all "Angles" female, in your universe or are is it the members that achieve the goal, that determines the gender of the angel that gets their wings? I always thought of angles as non-gender? Are RLET angles different?
2dcae90280db02ebf020a535050f6b1b.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk What "angle" are you coming at Retsel? Male/female/neutral, angles/angels? I always thought of angles as obtuse/acute/right...
e0170bb6640d5136fb73d9c403ae157f.png
So are all "Angles" female, in your universe or are is it the members that achieve the goal, that determines the gender of the angel that gets their wings? I always thought of angles as non-gender? Are RLET angles different?
1964639cb4c6014be69e6a40577bc369.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk What "angle" are you coming at Retsel? Male/female/neutral, angles/angels? I always thought of angles as obtuse/acute/right...
1a4ed0fa59c44ed4f0cd865a3c73c354.png
Looks like the android spelling corrections got me again!
333b124c0a249d94db58a1ebd3b03896.png


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Ok thought about it, talked to my catholic wife about it, and decided from now on I will be gender neutral with angels, and I will say " and another angel gets THEIR wings". How about that?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok thought about it, talked to my catholic wife about it, and decided from now on I will be gender neutral with angels, and I will say " and another angel gets THEIR wings". How about that?
Sounds politically correct to me. However, from the babies mouth in the movie it is, "gets his wings". Check it out, it's about 3/4 of the way through this clip.


Not sure that is the origin of that statement though. Writer might have gotten it elsewhere?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Sounds politically correct to me. However, from the babies mouth in the movie it is, "gets his wings". Check it out, it's about 3/4 of the way through this clip.


Not sure that is the origin of that statement though. Writer might have gotten it elsewhere?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk Oh, and Clarence, the angel in the movie, was a male. So that may have had a bearing on the gender usage in the movie?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Another reason saying "and another angel gets their wings" is proper. That way you will not offending angels with Dissociative Identity Disorder.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Another reason saying "and another angel gets their wings" is proper. That way you will not offending angels with Dissociative Identity Disorder.
ROFL!
e981beda0528225335851073f4bad64a.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
From an other thread:

Retsel_imp said:
Love the seat! Not to sure about the red end weights? I might have went with red RLETs. Probably couldn't get into the "club" with red ones though.



Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Well, RLET philosophers, what to make of this curly question: if an RLET isn't black, is it an RLET?

Once, I recall, a member tried to thwart his initiation duty by using PlastiDip or one of those new-fangled compounds to simulate an RLET. He—and it was a 'he'—was found by Celestial Body 1100 (the arbiters in these matters) to have failed. PlastiDip simulations were not RLETs.

So, if a member goes red, what to do? Some preliminary thoughts. If it is a genuine red RLET from Honda, it's an RLET. If it's a genuine black RLET from Honda somehow rendered red and installed in the traditional manner, it's probably also an RLET. Anything else? I suspect not.

Discuss.

There may be help or inspiration in this thread, but I doubt it.
 
Hummm, Although a good point Master Cormanus makes, much thinking we must do.
 
Come in a package marked 95010-16001 do they?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Come in a package marked 95010-16001 do they?
No, every part gets a new number when the color is changed.
 
What about a real RLET that's been dipped in Plasti-dip to overcoat it with red? I would vote to allow entry because a genuine RLET is the foundation of the creation. Just a thought.
 
Thread starter
^ No wonder they call you the A-Man! Interesting thought.

Note: only 100 posts to go!
 
Back
Top