Rubber Lever End Thingies

CTsCB_imp said:
What do you think it means when you sell your bike and the new owner removes the RLETs before it has even left your garage? Was there a disturbance in the force that day? Does an angel come crashing to earth with no wings?
Did he give you back the RLETs? If so, I know of a Voodoo ritual you can do that will teach him a lesson. You'll need the RLETs, a doll, a small cloth bag, some gun powder and a bonfire...oh and a fire extinguisher. PM me for details.
 
Picked up a Triumph over the summer and hacked it, to complete the bike I'm planning on adding some RLET's. Just curious to see if anyone will notice them.
 
He took the RLETs with him, so I wonder if he plans to reinstall - wouldn't that kind of like being court martialled and then having your stripes reinstated?
 
How is it that this thread has been allowed to die... no new posts since November.
 
I can help with this Kenny, Over the winter, I had new cables, brake & clutch levers, etc. installed on my CB77. So to Popgun and Classicvw, I did not install the RLETS, the after-market levers came with the RLETs already installed.
823e002d4b78a4763f789d86d8b76a65.jpg
 
Oh man, those are just wrong! You expended no thought to the challenge of installation! You had to master nothing to achieve the higher level of motorcycling gained through a true RLET installation. It looks as if your mis-directed improvement activities have led you down the "dark" path!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Quite right, Retsel. It's interesting that, to me, those RLETs look more period correct than the ones Honda sells today as they have the longer shaft. However, they do have a slightly plastic appearance? Are they actually PLETs, suhawk? That may not be such a good thing.
 
Thread starter
pdedse, I stuck an underline in your link on the basis that some members have complained in the past about red links being hard to see for people with red-green colour blindness.

How easy was it to get the RLETs off the old bike? I won't ask why you did.
 
You guy are a tough! :rofl: What is a guy like me supposed to do? Keep period correct length “PLETs”, or cut them off and replace them with the modern RLET short version? I know what to do, I will scuff up the shiny plastic with steel wool and who will know they are plastic!
I know since I do not install RLETs, I do not deserve the RLET award patch for my leather motorcycle gang vest.
 
Halfway to the dark side you are. And on Star Wars day :(
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Gorgeous CB77!
Thanks LR. Believe me, the CB77 is far from restored or showroom condition. It has been my daily rider (less than daily as we get older) for over 4 decades. I try to make a few improvements on it every year, but the engine and blue paint are still original.
The CB77 is an example what Honda was capable of achieving in the 1960’s.

Now back to scuffing-up my PLETs.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
pdedse, I stuck an underline in your link on the basis that some members have complained in the past about red links being hard to see for people with red-green colour blindness.

How easy was it to get the RLETs off the old bike? I won't ask why you did.
Not hard at all, just rolled the edge up and over. I think there's an 85 page thread somewhere explaining why.
:P
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
What’s the go-to place for ordering RLETs these days?
I went to my local dealer and ordered them.

part number 95010-16001

You need to order two (1 RLET per pack). If I remember correcty, they are around $5 +/- each. A small investment for the benefits of an unimaginable power!
Warning: Do not say “RLETS” in the dealership. They may google it and find out our secrets, and then jack the price up!

Also, (on a serious note) I found eBay vendors can list RLETS at outrageous prices.
 
Thread starter
suhawk305_imp said:
You guy are a tough! :rofl: What is a guy like me supposed to do? Keep period correct length “PLETs”, or cut them off and replace them with the modern RLET short version? I know what to do, I will scuff up the shiny plastic with steel wool and who will know they are plastic!
I know since I do not install RLETs, I do not deserve the RLET award patch for my leather motorcycle gang vest.
Mate ... it's not about the patch. Benefits flow to you, your motorcycle, indeed to your life, when you have genuine RLETs fitted. The patch, the secret handshake, getting a glimpse of popgun's decoder ring are all secondary.

The trouble with PLETs is that they're ... well ... fake. They're just not RLETs. It's like the bloke who used PlastiDip to fabricate RLETs. I don't recall what happened to him, but it wasn't pretty.

Being as I am concerned about the well being of forum members, I confess I'm worried about you out there on the street with those cheap plastic imitations. A great Sith Lord like redbirds or Pterodactyl just might get away with it, but mere mortals like you and me, suhawk? I'm not sure.

If it were me, it would be off to the dealers for two x P/N 95010-16001, two dexterous slashes with a blade. Then I'd channel Nemo to help fit the real McCoy.
 
I think that pretty much says it all.

For Suhawk though, the aftermarket levers may have sub standard sized ball ends and in this instance a measurement should be taken before taking a razor blade to his fake ones. If he were going that route.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think that pretty much says it all.

For Suhawk though, the aftermarket levers may have sub standard sized ball ends and in this instance a measurement should be taken before taking a razor blade to his fake ones. If he were going that route.
Your comment (except your first one) maybe the case. I just measured the OD of the RLET ball ends on both CBs. The CB1100 is about 3mm more than the CB77. OEM RLET material appears slightly thicker than the after market one. BTW: the aftermarket RLET has stretching ability which indicates rubber!

So my question to you Mr. Ferret and your side kick from down under is do I cut-off perfectly good RLETs and risk the OEM RLETs will be too large? I would hate to see the RLETs flying off the levers when the speed limiter kicks in at 114mph. :biker: Wait, which CB am I talking about? :rofl:
 
Back
Top