Optiglanz question?

Stealth128_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
All that have used Optiglanz I know not to get it on the paint my question before I use this product has anyone had any problems with areas while spraying this product with the surrounding areas?

Thanks,
 
That's an amazing difference offroad
 
I used it and was going to spray it onto a rag and wipe it on, but when I started spraying the rag I noticed that the spray nozzle was very easy to control with how much came out and where it went, so I ditched the rag approach and sprayed it directly onto the pipes. The color comes off almost immediately so if you did get it onto something that you didn't want it on you're going to rinse it off before it can do any harm.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all! One other question how often do you have to do this or do it once and the discoloration is gone for good? Or is it a ongoing?

Thanks,
 
Stealth128_imp said:
Thank you all! One other question how often do you have to do this or do it once and the discoloration is gone for good? Or is it a ongoing?

Thanks,
I did one application at 700 miles and all of the gold/brown crap melted off. I now have 4,000 miles on the bike and the pipes still look perfect.
 
Several have mentioned that once cleaned, certain products seem to delay, or prevent, the problem from returning. For years, I have used Wenol (http://www.wenol-polish.com/) on stainless and titanium exhaust, with great success. It very much seems to delay the staining, and weird discoloration, seen when these metals get hot. Doesn't have to be just exhaust, as it is an incredible polish on all metals. Came across it at a car show, about 20 years ago, and have used nothing else since. Have not tried it on the CB yet, but expect nothing but stellar results. Unlike some of the other products folks have mentioned, there is no danger associated with getting it on surfaces that you didn't intent to.
 
Dakota_imp said:
Does anybody know the active ingredients in optiglanz?
The principal active ingredient is supposed to be Phosphoric Acid (albeit, a much more concentrated form than that used in CocaCola and other soft drinks).
 
Thread starter
Well tried this out only regret I have is not taking a before picture to post. All I can say os wow! It is magical I think Aliens for space made it . Superior results! My pipes never looked so good far better then new!

Thank You All For Talking Me Into It!
 
Very cool Stealth Like I said, I applied it once at 700 miles and now have 4,000 miles on my bike. My pipes still look great. I'm thinking I may never have to use it again. The $28 is worth it. I spent $830 on a Staintune and over $500 on a Road Comet 2 with stripes. The price of the Optiglanz is chump change, not to mention it's pretty easy to use.
 
Back
Top