New seat

What material did you have them make it out of?
 
Thread starter
The seat is really firm. They say 2000 miles for proper break in. I only went on a short ride so I can't give much feedback yet. I chose asphalt leather for the seat.
 
Everyone is built different so one seat may work for one but not another. The chick design Daytona cafe seat is what i have. Its lower than stock but also wider at the base. Super comfortable with memory foam and whatever else they put in it plus it looks awesome. I can double my riding time in the saddle and matches the bike perfect. Looks much better than most other seats that ive seen. Fits me perfect with a 34/36 inseam at 5'11".
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
popgun..thats what im worried about with the Corbin and is why im hesitant to get one- the reach i fear would be an issue and make riding difficult (sitting further back).
would be great to hear feedback from others on this as well..
Swartzracer_imp said:
The seat is really firm. They say 2000 miles for proper break in. I only went on a short ride so I can't give much feedback yet. I chose asphalt leather for the seat.
the seat looks great! keep us posted on the ride reports if you can.. thanks
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
inhousebob- ..can you post some pics of your new set up? would be great to see and hear how this works for you... thanks
 
jrns_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
popgun..thats what im worried about with the Corbin and is why im hesitant to get one- the reach i fear would be an issue and make riding difficult (sitting further back).
would be great to hear feedback from others on this as well..
Swartzracer_imp said:
The seat is really firm. They say 2000 miles for proper break in. I only went on a short ride so I can't give much feedback yet. I chose asphalt leather for the seat.
the seat looks great! keep us posted on the ride reports if you can.. thanks
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
inhousebob- ..can you post some pics of your new set up? would be great to see and hear how this works for you... thanks
popgun..thats what im worried about with the Corbin and is why im hesitant to get one- the reach i fear would be an issue and make riding difficult (sitting further back).
would be great to hear feedback from others on this as well..
Swartzracer_imp said:
The seat is really firm. They say 2000 miles for proper break in. I only went on a short ride so I can't give much feedback yet. I chose asphalt leather for the seat.
the seat looks great! keep us posted on the ride reports if you can.. thanks
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
inhousebob- ..can you post some pics of your new set up? would be great to see and hear how this works for you... thanks
Soon as I get it set up. It'll be a couple of (long, annoying) weeks.
 
jrns_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
popgun..thats what im worried about with the Corbin and is why im hesitant to get one- the reach i fear would be an issue and make riding difficult (sitting further back).
would be great to hear feedback from others on this as well..
Swartzracer_imp said:
The seat is really firm. They say 2000 miles for proper break in. I only went on a short ride so I can't give much feedback yet. I chose asphalt leather for the seat.
the seat looks great! keep us posted on the ride reports if you can.. thanks
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
I'm the same way, but I'm small like Swartzracer. The Corbin is better than the stock seat for me, but I think that is only because the material is easier to slide around on. The "bucket" does nothing for me. The 2" Rox risers I got should help a lot, but I still haven't gotten the longer brake lines, so I'll report back later.
inhousebob- ..can you post some pics of your new set up? would be great to see and hear how this works for you... thanks
popgun..thats what im worried about with the Corbin and is why im hesitant to get one- the reach i fear would be an issue and make riding difficult (sitting further back).
would be great to hear feedback from others on this as well..

When I was talking to Mr T about the Chic seat I asked about moving the part that goes against your back forward. He said sure. I also think that Corbin will do the same. I added the 1 X 1 Barbacks, didn't have to change cables or brake lines and it helped tremendously. Not wild about the look of the bars that far back, so I am hoping I can go back to stock when I get the Chic seat.
 
You should look at my pictures of my visit to Corbin when I had my seat made, just click on my website link at the bottom and open the 2013 CB1100 tab and go into the Corbin seat folder. I had them add extra foam at the rear of the pocket because I didn't like how far back it was putting me on the seat, and it helped, but still has me quite a bit farther back than how I was sitting on the stock seat.
 
I think most of the seats wouldn't work for me unless modified like Randy said, but there sure are some beautiful seats on some of our bikes!

Luckily I'm pretty happy with the stock seat and an Airhawk pillion in the riders position.
 
I have long legs (36" inseam) and find the Corbin a perfect fit so far. I basically sat on the seat strap on the stock seat. Redbird sold this seat because it didn't work for him and pushed him to far back.

I think I will still need to add bar risers but I needed that with the stock seat as well.
 
Yes, I have at best a 27" inseam and I sit too close to the tank for the Corbin to work for me. I did not sit far enough back to hit the pocket. I am glad its working for you Kenny.
 
Stubby legged here too. i can fit my hand between the back of my tush and the seat strap.
 
kennyw_imp said:
I have long legs (36" inseam) and find the Corbin a perfect fit so far. I basically sat on the seat strap on the stock seat. Redbird sold this seat because it didn't work for him and pushed him to far back.

I think I will still need to add bar risers but I needed that with the stock seat as well.
Was the Corbin seat you bought from Redbird a standard one or was it increased in height?
 
Stubby legged CB riders unite! We demand a proper seat and bar risers as a Honda option! Anyone have a contact at the U.N.?
 
I love my Corbin. I'm a little guy, but like that I can sit on the rough forward position to sit straight up; i.e. in city riding so I can see over cars, et cetera. But, I also like that on the interstate I can slide back in the cockpit to take some wind off, and also to move the pressure points onto my seat bones and not my tail bone. The ability to move around is crucial for me on long rides.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it just me? I sit right up next to the tank on both my bikes. I wouldn't be able to ride sitting that far back. I tried on my CB the other day and just couldn't make it work.

I've always sat close to the tanks on bikes. Edit to add: Can anybody comment on this?
Nope. Not just you. I do the same. You will find that most people with dirt bike experience have this habit, along with always riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs.
 
Dharma_Jones93_imp said:
I love my Corbin. I'm a little guy, but like that I can sit on the rough forward position to sit straight up; i.e. in city riding so I can see over cars, et cetera. But, I also like that on the interstate I can slide back in the cockpit to take some wind off, and also to move the pressure points onto my seat bones and not my tail bone. The ability to move around is crucial for me on long rides.
Dharma- I'm interested in your comment as I'm considering the Corbin option but one worry is -I would be in a somewhat forced rear seat pocket position due to the angle of the seat (does that make sense..lol).
so by the sounds of what your saying above-you can move around on the Corbin comfortably and sit close to the tank in city driving (which I like to do on my stock seat) and- when cruising longer distances etc relax and sit in the rear seat pocket comfortably?
would that be a fair statement on how your seat fits you?
btw- do you mind if I ask your inseam? and height?
thanks for the info!!
 
I tried the Chip Beck version of the Corbin Seat... See my review here (CB1100 Forum)

I found it less comfortable than the stock seat for my deluxe so Chapomis bought it from me on a trip he took out to my area several months ago. I've decided I'm quite happy with the stock seat that came with my deluxe.
 
RJS_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
I have long legs (36" inseam) and find the Corbin a perfect fit so far. I basically sat on the seat strap on the stock seat. Redbird sold this seat because it didn't work for him and pushed him to far back.

I think I will still need to add bar risers but I needed that with the stock seat as well.
Was the Corbin seat you bought from Redbird a standard one or was it increased in height?
I believe it is a standard seat height.
 
Back
Top