New Bike Added, A Woman's Prerogative

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I've heard it said that a woman's prerogative is to change her mind. Sparky looked at trikes for days, Spyders and triked out Wings and decided that she would rather quit riding than go this route.

We stopped at the local Honda shop in Waycross to pick up some oil filters. There was a leftover 2015 NC700X on the floor-she sat in the NC's saddle and decided she just needed a lighter bike on the order of the two V-stroms she once had. The price on this 2015 had been lowered to $6900, hardly a good deal considering the age and the dealer was firm on this price. I called the dealer in Jacksonville where I had bought my CB, Cycles of Jax; They had a leftover, a 2015 NC700X for $4999. So off to Jacksonville (about 100 miles) and then back home with the new bike and since I had my helmet in our truck, I got to ride it home.

I am so impressed with the performance of the NC700. It feels so light and agile, great seat, smooth clunk free transmission. This may be my go to bike when I feel the CB1100 is getting too much for me.

e56edea64aa80f971bf62afa596f9e92.jpg


82b239127ef1bcba263c1fa908032346.jpg


6006ba3cd285e2cc39d8a26c2d60ba9c.jpg


944c6a55cc4bc756f705063b5c9875ac.jpg
 
Bravo, Sparky!! No training wheels yet.
 
Awesome! Congrats Sparky and I hope it works out for you.
 
Thread starter
Bazbro_imp said:
Thinking about the future of my riding, that's a good recommendation for a light, 'nice' 'bike. Not black though! :D
There was a red and silver NC750X on the floor, beautiful color combo.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Congrats! Very nice! DCT or manual? The pics say "manual" but what do I know?
Manual. I had a tough time convincing her that an auto tranny would be okay in a car 30 odd years ago.
 
The manual trans shifts so nice, and the clutch feel is positive and light. If she likes shifting,great. The DCT is nice, but adds little.
 
Nice bike! I was seriously looking a DCT model a while back when I smashed my left foot and was told I might not be able to work a shifter again. Beat those odds and didn't get it, but remembered how much I liked the red and silver combo on that bike. Really helped me make the decision on the CB when I saw those colors together again. That storage bin is a unique, funky and very practical feature.

Woman's prerogative? Heck, that's how I got my Bonneville. She bought it, and 800 miles later decided she didn't want a motorcycle in the first place. Two years later, she dug it out from under a pile of laundry in her garage and sold it to me!
 
Back
Top