Snow Fall

Thread starter
I suppose it's possible that the brake locked on its own pre-crash, but I think it's unlikely. More likely is that I grabbed a bunch of brake on my way down and the thing stayed locked due to the wet and ice. Even that seems a bit of a stretch and I'm quite sure I didn't initiate the slide by braking -- I was in "no brake. no brake. no brake" mode at the time.

Mechanic said that nothing needed to be replaced on the brakes; he just lubricated the piston (I think) and cleaned the rotors. I really think that leaving the bike out overnight in the cold after it slid on the icy roads was the culprit here, but that's just a semi-educated guess.

Bike will be in my driveway when I get home from work. No charge.
 
Great news, Sea. How’s the knee and other bruises?
 
Thread starter
A little better every day, thanks for asking.

A friend of mine is a physical therapist and I ran into her yesterday afternoon. She had me bend and unbend the leg and a few other things to demonstrate range of motion. She said that there's a lot of damage that can be done to the knee area, but almost all of them hurt like he** and so, if I'm not in pain and the swelling is going down, I'm in good shape. Hope to ride later this week. :)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I suppose it's possible that the brake locked on its own pre-crash, but I think it's unlikely. More likely is that I grabbed a bunch of brake on my way down and the thing stayed locked due to the wet and ice. Even that seems a bit of a stretch and I'm quite sure I didn't initiate the slide by braking -- I was in "no brake. no brake. no brake" mode at the time.

Mechanic said that nothing needed to be replaced on the brakes; he just lubricated the piston (I think) and cleaned the rotors. I really think that leaving the bike out overnight in the cold after it slid on the icy roads was the culprit here, but that's just a semi-educated guess.

Bike will be in my driveway when I get home from work. No charge.

I agree and good news! (That's really good service btw)
 
Knee is very sensitive, can give some trouble even after incident, do not ignore symptoms...speaking from my own experience :-/
 
Plenty of good news, Sea. Stay out of the snow!
 
Back
Top