Michelin Pilot Road 3s...I joined the club

Jim, how much does a Connie weigh?
 
Just ordered what is likely my last PR3. I installed a front PR3 a few weeks ago. The rear has 13K on it and looks like its got another 3K or 4K at least, but I figured I'd better get a replacement while they're still available.

I've never had tires with such good performance and wear qualities. I'm sorry to see them go.
 
Had a local shop mount new 160 rear, 120 front and I installed them today. Very happy with the result.
A little late to the party, sorry to see them go, but looking forward to enjoying these.

Ben
 
Just got a PR3 rear installed on Friday to replace the stock Bridgestone BT54 at 8930 miles.



How long have the fronts been lasting for everyone?
 
Thread starter
I ordered a set of the oversized f&r PR3s for my stock from Revzilla today. I should be good till next year now.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I ordered a set of the oversized f&r PR3s for my stock from Revzilla today. I should be good till next year now.

Good move.... I’m In the hunt... I may grab some just to have I have 7k on these. What are you getting out of the P3s?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
dsan1964_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
About 10 K

That’s what I was thinking... I want another set.. I think I’m going to try and find some.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what I was thinking... I want another set.. I think I’m going to try and find some.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question. What would happen if I ran a ATIV p3. On front and regular P3. On back?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Not sure on the Pilot Activ front, but that's a good price for the rear. Mine was $28 more from Revzilla
 
dsan1964_imp said:
dsan1964_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
About 10 K

That’s what I was thinking... I want another set.. I think I’m going to try and find some.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what I was thinking... I want another set.. I think I’m going to try and find some.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question. What would happen if I ran a ATIV p3. On front and regular P3. On back?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what would happen, but as a rule, I don't mix bias ply tires (Activ) with radial tires (PR3). I'd go with either two bias or two radial tires.
The PR3s on my CB are less than 5 months old, but now that there seems to be a supply of them on the market, I think I may just buy another set and put them away for the future.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
dsan1964_imp said:
dsan1964_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
About 10 K

That’s what I was thinking... I want another set.. I think I’m going to try and find some.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what I was thinking... I want another set.. I think I’m going to try and find some.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question. What would happen if I ran a ATIV p3. On front and regular P3. On back?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what would happen, but as a rule, I don't mix bias ply tires (Activ) with radial tires (PR3). I'd go with either two bias or two radial tires.
The PR3s on my CB are less than 5 months old, but now that there seems to be a supply of them on the market, I think I may just buy another set and put them away for the future.
Not sure what would happen, but as a rule, I don't mix bias ply tires (Activ) with radial tires (PR3). I'd go with either two bias or two radial tires.
The PR3s on my CB are less than 5 months old, but now that there seems to be a supply of them on the market, I think I may just buy another set and put them away for the future.

Yeah I canceled the order. I realized after the order the front was different.... lol.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I ordered a set of the oversized f&r PR3s for my stock from Revzilla today. I should be good till next year now.
Got an email from Revzilla stating they were shipped today
 
Thread starter
Tires were leaning against my garage door when I got in from today's ride.

1786815e5372c6faec84f03f0e3685d7.jpg
 
160 mm wide vs 140 mm wide but about three same overall diameter due to a smaller aspect ratio.
 
Yep. By the way, I think Ferret’s bought an oversized front tyre too. If I recall correctly Redbirds is also running an oversized front tyre.
 
Thread starter
Yep had to buy oversize front thanks to Michelin discontinuing the proper size, and had to buy oversize rear thanks to Michelin never making the proper size. Several members redbirds, flynrider and others are running this combo no issues. I have run the oversize rear for a couple years now.

120/18 front 160/18 rear
 
Back
Top