Michelin Pilot Road 3s...I joined the club

Got Sparky's Wheels off Wednesday and drove to Jacksonville to get them mounted and balanced at Honda of Jax. Installed the wheels this morning and washed the pollen and dust off both bikes. Looking good I think.

e70844b07ada5430c4105ea6deaa76ec.jpg

f2c475051d3709f34d36ade4c0ebd995.jpg

26e25e43e1bbfd74bfc5cf0fc1b005f5.jpg

8df8e8ba2a1441122eeee8e1faac3dd2.jpg

2f1bcb3d6b5a8f4e6f3af7d04fecb10d.jpg

e0afbb469daa34efcd930098ef39aee8.jpg
 
Flytech99_imp said:
Redbirds... what do you think of the 160 rear/120 front combo on the CB?
I've had this combo on my CB for about three years now. I really don't think there is any real difference between the 110 and 120 but it was the only size my local dealer could get at the time and I found the wider tire made negotiating the dirt road to my home a bit easier. These tires have really fine wet traction and longer than average tread life.
 
What a lovely pair of bikes, redbirds.
 
Redbirds,

Is that a Leprechaun sitting on your workbench in the first pic? On that yellow shelf under the bike picture.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Got Sparky's Wheels off Wednesday and drove to Jacksonville to get them mounted and balanced at Honda of Jax. Installed the wheels this morning and washed the pollen and dust off both bikes. Looking good I think.

e70844b07ada5430c4105ea6deaa76ec.jpg

f2c475051d3709f34d36ade4c0ebd995.jpg

26e25e43e1bbfd74bfc5cf0fc1b005f5.jpg

8df8e8ba2a1441122eeee8e1faac3dd2.jpg

2f1bcb3d6b5a8f4e6f3af7d04fecb10d.jpg

e0afbb469daa34efcd930098ef39aee8.jpg
Even parked side by side I still can't decide which I like better - colour matched or silver side covers.

The 2014 Spencer Blue CBs came with matte black side covers, I've been thinking about trying silver out. Anybody have silver side covers they want to get rid of?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Redbirds,

Is that a Leprechaun sitting on your workbench in the first pic? On that yellow shelf under the bike picture.
My very Irish wife would say so. Actually a pair of "Biker" Gnomes, dressed up in pirate gear. A gift from a sweet lady at our church.
 
What's the largest tire I can run on my CB? I'm set on Michelins because of rain performance. Just looking for best deal now. Also, any tangible difference between Road4 and Road5? Thanks
 
A number of us run PR3s. The rear is 160, larger than the OEM 140, but it seems to work well. I’d have thought any wider and you’d run into trouble with the centre stand. Some have run 120 on the front as well.

I’m not aware that PR4s or PR5s have anything suitable for the CB1100s 18” rims.
 
I love the feel of new tires on a bike! Always reminds me that I probably waited too long.

That's a nice pair of CB1100s, they look equally beautiful with red/silver side covers to me.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
I love the feel of new tires on a bike! Always reminds me that I probably waited too long.

That's a nice pair of CB1100s, they look equally beautiful with red/silver side covers to me.
LOL a truer statement was never spoken
 
So I’ve joined the club. Got the Michelin PR3’s on my bike. So far, so good. I did notice the front tire makes more noise than any other tire I’ve ever used. Is that how it’s going to be or is it just the “new tire” thing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
hmmm I've never consciously noted any front tire noise from mine
 
The ferret_imp said:
hmmm I've never consciously noted any front tire noise from mine
Nor have I.
 
redbirds_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
hmmm I've never consciously noted any front tire noise from mine
Mine make some noise at low speeds, 30 mph or less, but none I notice at highway speeds.
Mine make some noise at low speeds, 30 mph or less, but none I notice at highway speeds.

I do only hear it at low speed. Only gone 100 miles on them so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've noticed a lot more noise when it switched and at each new front replacement. It fades with time and which wind screen I run.
 
I noticed the increased noise pretty much immediately, and it hasn't decreased. Its not a big deal for me or distracting , just part of having a tire with lots of siping I suppose.
 
I saw on the ST (1100/1300) board where some mentioned more noise when they put them on.
 
Back
Top