Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

pdedse_imp said:
That is a beautiful looking bike, Richard. It looks quite elegant with the brick building in the background.
Thanks, the building is an old chapel that is literally five minutes from home.
Chuckk_imp said:
. I like the matching paint on the fenders and side covers ..
Thanks. Standard for 2019 onwards in this market.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
. I like the matching paint on the fenders and side covers ..

+1 only I'm afraid I'd have to paint those air cleaner covers black


4dfa1e4a461fb58fef764689ce9910f8.jpg
 
wow cool old building Richard.

Yep post em over in the photo challenge thread
 
6ed6c7e922d147804bb9af092a96c35c.jpg

New tires yesterday...changed oil this morning...rode about 200 miles today and I swear she seemed so happy with her new tires and oil. Beautiful day! Perfect motorcycle


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Been probably two years since I posted in here. Sorry for the absence, but there's been a lot of life going on. Still got the CB. Since my last post, I hauled my CB from Alabama to California, stopping to ride at the Grand Canyon, Mojave Desert, Sierra, Sequoia and Yosemite. Then shipped my truck and the CB to Hawaii where I now live and ride. Was never much of a long haul guy anyways, so being limited to an island with some of the best twisty roads in the world doesn't bother me. All my fellow riders here in Maui are suckers for Harley's, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Finally took my eldest son on his first ride, now that he's off legal age. (7 in Hawaii) We also adopted our youngest son, Boaz. That's not Moto related, but I'm stoked.

Don't count on me at any group rides. You'll see me mostly in the threads to prep for/troubleshoot the install of whatever new "farkle" (as you guys like to call them) I want.

One thing hasn't changed. I love my 2014 CB.
9c084c55b066244266c4024480ec69d6.jpg


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
 
Welcome back, Jaychaynes. Congratulations on the adoption and the successful move to Hawaii. We've had a couple of forum members there. I bought a gear indicator from one. He had 2 CBs if I recall aright, but we've not seen him for 18 months or so.
 
Richard_imp said:

The bike came with the painted parts as standard. I believe this was a change made for the 2019 model year - at least in the UK market. I think they also (slightly) changed the shade of red.
It looks like Honda put an end to the two-tone cylinder treatment as well.
Jaychaynes_imp said:
No worries, it looks as if you've now got the "group ride" thing covered on your own by way of family, and for some time into the future from the sounds of it. In my opinion, that's more reason to be stoked than anything moto related (I'll apologize to the CB sitting in my garage latter on, lol.) Good to see you back and congratulations on all that life has treated you to.
 
Guth_imp said:
Richard_imp said:

The bike came with the painted parts as standard. I believe this was a change made for the 2019 model year - at least in the UK market. I think they also (slightly) changed the shade of red.
It looks like Honda put an end to the two-tone cylinder treatment as well.
Jaychaynes_imp said:
No worries, it looks as if you've now got the "group ride" thing covered on your own by way of family, and for some time into the future from the sounds of it. In my opinion, that's more reason to be stoked than anything moto related (I'll apologize to the CB sitting in my garage latter on, lol.) Good to see you back and congratulations on all that life has treated you to.

The bike came with the painted parts as standard. I believe this was a change made for the 2019 model year - at least in the UK market. I think they also (slightly) changed the shade of red.
It looks like Honda put an end to the two-tone cylinder treatment as well.
Yeah, there are a number of detail changes for 2019 compared to 2017 - the fenders, the engine paint, the side panels, tank stripes, fork gaiters, air box covers... not sure if the 2017 had LED front and rear lights also?

[url=https://postimg.cc/vcKbjhMH]

To be honest, I'd be happy with either but the deal/condition/warranty etc on my bike was too good to pass up.
 
Back
Top