bioman_imp
Running like a top
Last year, when I was looking for a new bike, I was tempted by the Honda CB1000R. It is certainly a stunning looking bike and I am sure it is a hoot to ride!
However, I am not a big fan of that 'cut-off' seat-end that seems popular nowadays. The main thing however was that I just couldn't see past that GIANT radiator. That goes for all water-cooled bikes (with the exception of Triumph who somehow manages to make the radiator disappear), but on the CB1000R it is just ridiculously big.
I also think the bike may not age very well. It looks interesting and modern now but I suspect that I will no longer appreciate the look in 5 or 10 years from now. Time will tell.
(so I went for the safe route: the CB1100. A stunning looking bike that has already aged!
)
However, I am not a big fan of that 'cut-off' seat-end that seems popular nowadays. The main thing however was that I just couldn't see past that GIANT radiator. That goes for all water-cooled bikes (with the exception of Triumph who somehow manages to make the radiator disappear), but on the CB1000R it is just ridiculously big.
I also think the bike may not age very well. It looks interesting and modern now but I suspect that I will no longer appreciate the look in 5 or 10 years from now. Time will tell.
(so I went for the safe route: the CB1100. A stunning looking bike that has already aged!
)







