Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Hovmod_imp said:
By the fjord in black & white.
4c446abd6b244186b25ae1df9c239de2.jpg

By the lake in black & white (we don't have fjords lol)

4eb8b784e9bf5129ccf1ec698afaffc3.jpg
 
Chuckk, today was the first nice day in a very long time, people were wearing t-shirts! Guess it was the b&w. I wouldn't jump in, though, the fjord is icy cold on the best of days.
Max, thanks. I agree, they really fit well and are just so practical, I'm keeping them on. The top box will just be for touring and when I need the extra space, for instance when I need to bring an extra helmet. It happens.
Oh, and 35mm film can be scanned, you know, here's my favourite motorcycle picture, shot on ISO25 film with a fixed lens camera. The zoom effect was the guy changing lanes just as I was shooting. Lucky.
530288cda0f1a9b2a84c4fe24c576b85.jpg

Ferret, I see the beginning of a theme. Your turn to challenge.

I am so impressed with the CB1100! I'm having the best time!
 
Ferret that's amazing, on your b&w picture on the side of the lake my first thought was; he also has a cb500!

Just from that angle and the black and white pic told my mind that must be an old photo, very interesting effect and here is what sparked the connection, a real b/w picture of my cb500.



Really enjoyed that bike and that is just about all that is left of it now but very happy i still have that photo.
 
max_imp said:
Ferret that's amazing, on your b&w picture on the side of the lake my first thought was; he also has a cb500!

Just from that angle and the black and white pic told my mind that must be an old photo, very interesting effect and here is what sparked the connection, a real b/w picture of my cb500.



Really enjoyed that bike and that is just about all that is left of it now but very happy i still have that photo.
Shows you what a great job Honda did with the CB1100.(imo especially the dlx's with the chrome waterfall head pipes and exhaust on both sides)
 
I always thought the CB500 a very pretty bike. Looks like yours had a built-in public address system, max. I can see the speaker at the front.
 
They used to road race with the Honda CB 500 in Holland , the sound was beautiful against the two strokes. Minus de Vries was my next village racer with the 500.
 
They still do here in NZ Houtman, a few years ago i saw one in a vintage session here on the Pukekohe classical races, it looked and sounded quite mean.

Cormanus that speaker was my early alarm system, it was connected to a mercury switch an complained loudly if the bike was righted off the side stand.
 
Went for a ride with a buddy and his customized R100RS, couple of hours of good fun. Here, a coffee break in the sun after some excellent twisties before heading home.

09e238537c06ffec351b72b525fc3441.jpg
 
They also raced 350 four in Holland but the bike was too heavy and slow against the two strokes , the only thing they had going for them : more reliable .
 
pdedse_imp said:
Richard, thanks for the photos...just a beautiful bike with wide open spaces, very nice.
Thanks. The bike, the country and the weather all added up to a perfect ride. Now that I'm finally able to ride the bike a bit, I'm really enjoying it.
 
I really like the look of the 2020 EX.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I really like the look of the 2020 EX.
Yes, I think it's a decent evolution of the previous versions. Different enough but not a radical departure.
Chuckk_imp said:
yes.. it really looks good !! ..
it looks like the display is brighter .. is that true ? ..
I think it's just a lucky picture of the display. Half the time I can't see it very well at all. ;)
DAC_imp said:
It's a beautiful machine! Of course, we're all very unbiased, objective observers.
100% objective. :thumbsup:
 
Ugly morning, we got.
Today, was ready to ride but had to call it off due to big wind, rain and sh**y weather. Tomorrow looks more promising.
 
My 2013 CB1100 at the Historic Santa Margarita Crossing in San Patricio, Texas.

71f975a0c595ed58a39867d235be88ee.jpg


8c2b299a7ac9e173391f6d17b432715b.jpg


7afef18c7e78b815ce97a75dc78e5f94.jpg


6d14a1554a87de23b5f2e47ae7965fc1.jpg

The next day visiting some giant "Wind"mills on Hwy 359, near Skidmore, Texas
They made me and the Honda feel so small.

231a6fc39b075c8e90f73c73663b8c90.jpg
 
Back
Top