Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Chuckk_imp said:
my snow covered mountains beckoned to me today.. I couldn't resist.. riding by myself, I wanted to be extra careful.. so I kept an eye on the snow melt that was running across the road in places.. as I gained altitude the temps dropped.. my gadget thermometer kept me well informed.. as it dipped to 35*f I started to notice a little ice forming on some of the wet spots on the road.. this is when I turned around to come home and on the way take some pics..
.
7c201eed15b4217eeba97918ff79a4d5.jpg

.
bd18cf6379671ddeafb1d4ce2f569871.jpg

.
adbe296f5394650faee32a5d39415e2d.jpg

..
e8c0d03604a5be56e96df7f782ca7d69.jpg

.
6df528473e62e8bb7808876e1a94aaf1.jpg

.
00dcb87e331fe4e5050bc49b68d7589f.jpg
This seems like a good idea! Wonderful scenery.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
I just thought.. you guys see snow all of the time.. this must seem like old hat
I see snow, but no bike parked in snow...lol
GO & Ferret might be different..
:)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
I just thought.. you guys see snow all of the time.. this must seem like old hat
I see snow, but no bike parked in snow...lol
GO & Ferret might be different..
:)
I see snow, but no bike parked in snow...lol
GO & Ferret might be different..
:)
Me? Not parked in snow. But you know PB (you know), we can arrange that quite easily - most likely this January.
 
That's why his tyres wear so quickly: the tread freezes off. :P
 
12,900 miles and 149 days to go!

Sunny and slightly warmer than usual for this New Year's Day. I was a little worried about ice on the pavement early, but that turned out to be a non-issue. Heated gear worked perfectly. CB1100 just does its thing without complaint regardless of the weather. Wound up with a 100 mile ride to start me on my way toward my 2020 goals.

3a6a8118949a664a65b0d2205b84ca71.jpg

Headed out with Cheryl (she in our Jeep) at 7:45 for a New Year's Day "biker breakfast" which is hosted annually by my friend, Fran.

d6d51afecfe7043680651775cf956b29.jpg

This is just one of two tables filled with riders and spouses. Pretty good turnout for New Year's morning.


47c70aa848f32e7d77e79fb451f0da41.jpg

Fran and I were the only ones who rode to breakfast. A few others said they would be riding later in the day. I opted to do both.

d8b8df2476c2cecb16874716c7b6db3f.jpg

It was about 25f in the morning but it warmed up for my ride along Lake Michigan.

c672644c13037b613c3882e46b2f1370.jpg

Rosewood Beach, Highland Park, IL. I've posted other bike pics from this location. I really like this beach as a backdrop.


01b74f7e671ee8b9c9157b99f7ac710b.jpg

It was a little dicey maneuvering my bike on the packed snow, but I managed to do so without incident.

Got home in time enjoy a cigar followed by our traditional New Year's Day dinner with the family. The bar has been set high for the remaining 365 days.
 
That's the way to get things started Sea :worship:
 
The ferret_imp said:
wow what a strange looking squirrel
peterbaron_imp said:
A lot of European squirrels are red...unless this one had her perm done...:)
I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to be "racist".

That said, the squirrels in So-ON, and in particular Mississauga/Toronto, Ontario are typically: Black, grey and half-red and black. More notably: They are large and overweight. It makes Wisedrum's visitor look like a baby (or a snack).
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
wow what a strange looking squirrel
peterbaron_imp said:
A lot of European squirrels are red...unless this one had her perm done...:)
I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to be "racist".

That said, the squirrels in So-ON, and in particular Mississauga/Toronto, Ontario are typically: Black, grey and half-red and black. More notably: They are large and overweight. It makes Wisedrum's visitor look like a baby (or a snack).
peterbaron_imp said:
A lot of European squirrels are red...unless this one had her perm done...:)
I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to be "racist".
That said, the squirrels in So-ON, and in particular Mississauga/Toronto, Ontario are typically: Black, grey and half-red and black. More notably: They are large and overweight. It makes Wisedrum's visitor look like a baby (or a snack).
FAT is more appropriate discription
 
We have mostly gray squirrels with white belly, some Fox squirrels which are big and kind of a light orange with white underbelly, and rarely a black one .
 
Back
Top