Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

"Fun with Shadows " Good one EmptySea!

3403fdf7ddbec8460f3470fc2da8f79a.jpg


2013 Cb 1100 , 73 Cb 500 four ,72 Cb 500 four (do the ton) 82 Cb650Sc "Nighthawk "
 
I was tempted to try that...never have done that before and really didn't want to head out there without a buddy to witness and/or rescue me.
 
MTC: You shoulda just said, "Those are my tracks on the ice. Had to take several runs at it."

I am sure nobody would thought twice 'bout it. :)

- - -

I wonder how many computer screen pixels you burned out there on the net with that image? ...

cfa49fa3e21f7e68346aa03d7a4b1650.jpg
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I don't really understand your pixels comment, but I'm not very tech savvy. LOL
lol - it was meant to flatter you.

Imagine yourself looking into that camera lens (as you have) with the power to pierce the screen of the viewer on the other side.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I was tempted to try that...never have done that before and really didn't want to head out there without a buddy to witness and/or rescue me.
Loooon time ago, a friend and I had each were on ATVs once on a frozen lake and we were fine racing around on ice until our machines someone bumbed into each other and locked grills...we came to a spinning stop and the combined weight of the 2 ATVs made for some sickening ice-cracking sounds and then, yep, ka-plunk! We were in about 3-4 feet of water, luckily only about 30' from shore. Friend had a nice sturdy pickup and we were able to pull them out OK, but it took a huge bonfire to get us warmed back up.
 
Great pics Sea. Forgot about the Soltice Ride. You used to tip us off and let us participate by proxy. I am not supposed to be riding while on this medicine, but I'd have made an exception for you buddy.
 
I usually give that warning for the summer solstice, but I think I have done so for the winter one as well. Thing is that a winter solstice ride is really iffy for me in my location, but now with the heated gear, I may have to make it a regular thing.

Get healthy and ride soon...when you're cleared to.
 
Looks like it was a nice " Bone Chiler " day of a ride. Emptysea. Definitely gotta watch for that hidden ice. Getting all bundled up and heading out for some " throttle therapy even in winter is very rewarding and refreshing..!
I'd personally would like to invest in some plug in gear and or heated grips for my 1100 to extend the limits of colder weather riding here.
e094af690a16aed9baeab570bf6cabf1.png


2013 Cb 1100 , 73 Cb 500 four ,72 Cb 500 four (do the ton) 82 Cb650Sc "Nighthawk "
 
here is my beauty basking in the mud.. I went on a 90 mile loop today, just to get a ride in this week.. there was rain yesterday and there will be more rain tomorrow.. temps in ventura were about 60*, then it cooled off as I ascended the mountain.. I wore my heated gloves and vest.. my feet weren't too chilly, but I imagined how nice it would be with my heated boots.. my gloves were wide open and my vest was 1/2 throttle.. it was a great ride..
Chuckk ..
..
eddcec9c812c9f50ff1e6f27c39ce071.jpg
 
Looked liked a decent ride out there on the West Coast..! Ride safe and stay out of the mud .
7475edd8a26e47e55409a516b1d2e5a4.png


2013 Cb 1100 , 73 Cb 500 four ,72 Cb 500 four (do the ton) 82 Cb650Sc "Nighthawk "
 
my snow covered mountains beckoned to me today.. I couldn't resist.. riding by myself, I wanted to be extra careful.. so I kept an eye on the snow melt that was running across the road in places.. as I gained altitude the temps dropped.. my gadget thermometer kept me well informed.. as it dipped to 35*f I started to notice a little ice forming on some of the wet spots on the road.. this is when I turned around to come home and on the way take some pics..
.
7c201eed15b4217eeba97918ff79a4d5.jpg

.
bd18cf6379671ddeafb1d4ce2f569871.jpg

.
adbe296f5394650faee32a5d39415e2d.jpg

..
e8c0d03604a5be56e96df7f782ca7d69.jpg

.
6df528473e62e8bb7808876e1a94aaf1.jpg

.
00dcb87e331fe4e5050bc49b68d7589f.jpg
 
Back
Top