Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thank you and likewise! We found Hansen Dam towards the end of the day and most of the bikes were gone by then. Still, I looked for another CB, hoping to see TINK there (I later learned he had ridden his other bike), but didn't see any others like ours. Sorry I missed you!lola_imp said:Awesome photos MG!
I purchased the Corbin seat with backrest for that very reason . Awesome action photos though and beautiful country for cruising .Tell her she needs to ditch the fashion boots for some proper biker gear!metallyguitarded_imp said:You're absolutely right. At least in terms of how my wife felt on the back. She said she felt she was "hanging off" the back of the seat. She wasn't, but she surely was at the end. The backpack certainly looks full but it only had a couple light sweaters and her small wallet. One of the first things she said once we got home was that she'd feel a lot more comfortable with a backrest. I mentioned the fact that I could get a Corbin seat with a backrest and she was all for it. Of course, I left out the price. Small detail. Anyway, that's what I plan to do. Neither of us are particularly large. It seems to me that the CB isn't the best for two up riding; even if and when I get the backrest. You can see from the photos that my wife has her legs bent pretty good in order to have her feet on the passenger pegs. The heel of her boot did a number on the top of my Yoshi can. She's only 5'2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for someone larger or with longer legs.
We've ridden the VFR since then and she immediately said she feels so much more comfortable on it than on the CB. She likes being higher, doesn't feel like she's on the edge of the seat, and doesn't feel as cramped. That pretty much means that most, if not all, of my two up riding will be on the VFR. That leaves me to consider whether to go ahead with the Corbin (which I'm interested in for my own comfort as well) or go with a solo seat. Decisions, decisions.

Solo! Humpback solo seat keeps calling my name.metallyguitarded_imp said:You're absolutely right. At least in terms of how my wife felt on the back. She said she felt she was "hanging off" the back of the seat. She wasn't, but she surely was at the end. The backpack certainly looks full but it only had a couple light sweaters and her small wallet. One of the first things she said once we got home was that she'd feel a lot more comfortable with a backrest. I mentioned the fact that I could get a Corbin seat with a backrest and she was all for it. Of course, I left out the price. Small detail. Anyway, that's what I plan to do. Neither of us are particularly large. It seems to me that the CB isn't the best for two up riding; even if and when I get the backrest. You can see from the photos that my wife has her legs bent pretty good in order to have her feet on the passenger pegs. The heel of her boot did a number on the top of my Yoshi can. She's only 5'2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for someone larger or with longer legs.
We've ridden the VFR since then and she immediately said she feels so much more comfortable on it than on the CB. She likes being higher, doesn't feel like she's on the edge of the seat, and doesn't feel as cramped. That pretty much means that most, if not all, of my two up riding will be on the VFR. That leaves me to consider whether to go ahead with the Corbin (which I'm interested in for my own comfort as well) or go with a solo seat. Decisions, decisions.

Tell her she needs to ditch the fashion boots for some proper biker gear!DGShannon_imp said:Tell her she needs to ditch the fashion boots for some proper biker gear!metallyguitarded_imp said:You're absolutely right. At least in terms of how my wife felt on the back. She said she felt she was "hanging off" the back of the seat. She wasn't, but she surely was at the end. The backpack certainly looks full but it only had a couple light sweaters and her small wallet. One of the first things she said once we got home was that she'd feel a lot more comfortable with a backrest. I mentioned the fact that I could get a Corbin seat with a backrest and she was all for it. Of course, I left out the price. Small detail. Anyway, that's what I plan to do. Neither of us are particularly large. It seems to me that the CB isn't the best for two up riding; even if and when I get the backrest. You can see from the photos that my wife has her legs bent pretty good in order to have her feet on the passenger pegs. The heel of her boot did a number on the top of my Yoshi can. She's only 5'2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for someone larger or with longer legs.
We've ridden the VFR since then and she immediately said she feels so much more comfortable on it than on the CB. She likes being higher, doesn't feel like she's on the edge of the seat, and doesn't feel as cramped. That pretty much means that most, if not all, of my two up riding will be on the VFR. That leaves me to consider whether to go ahead with the Corbin (which I'm interested in for my own comfort as well) or go with a solo seat. Decisions, decisions.
Solo! Humpback solo seat keeps calling my name.metallyguitarded_imp said:You're absolutely right. At least in terms of how my wife felt on the back. She said she felt she was "hanging off" the back of the seat. She wasn't, but she surely was at the end. The backpack certainly looks full but it only had a couple light sweaters and her small wallet. One of the first things she said once we got home was that she'd feel a lot more comfortable with a backrest. I mentioned the fact that I could get a Corbin seat with a backrest and she was all for it. Of course, I left out the price. Small detail. Anyway, that's what I plan to do. Neither of us are particularly large. It seems to me that the CB isn't the best for two up riding; even if and when I get the backrest. You can see from the photos that my wife has her legs bent pretty good in order to have her feet on the passenger pegs. The heel of her boot did a number on the top of my Yoshi can. She's only 5'2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for someone larger or with longer legs.
We've ridden the VFR since then and she immediately said she feels so much more comfortable on it than on the CB. She likes being higher, doesn't feel like she's on the edge of the seat, and doesn't feel as cramped. That pretty much means that most, if not all, of my two up riding will be on the VFR. That leaves me to consider whether to go ahead with the Corbin (which I'm interested in for my own comfort as well) or go with a solo seat. Decisions, decisions.

Solo! Humpback solo seat keeps calling my name.metallyguitarded_imp said:You're absolutely right. At least in terms of how my wife felt on the back. She said she felt she was "hanging off" the back of the seat. She wasn't, but she surely was at the end. The backpack certainly looks full but it only had a couple light sweaters and her small wallet. One of the first things she said once we got home was that she'd feel a lot more comfortable with a backrest. I mentioned the fact that I could get a Corbin seat with a backrest and she was all for it. Of course, I left out the price. Small detail. Anyway, that's what I plan to do. Neither of us are particularly large. It seems to me that the CB isn't the best for two up riding; even if and when I get the backrest. You can see from the photos that my wife has her legs bent pretty good in order to have her feet on the passenger pegs. The heel of her boot did a number on the top of my Yoshi can. She's only 5'2. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for someone larger or with longer legs.
We've ridden the VFR since then and she immediately said she feels so much more comfortable on it than on the CB. She likes being higher, doesn't feel like she's on the edge of the seat, and doesn't feel as cramped. That pretty much means that most, if not all, of my two up riding will be on the VFR. That leaves me to consider whether to go ahead with the Corbin (which I'm interested in for my own comfort as well) or go with a solo seat. Decisions, decisions.
I brought that up with her but, at least so far, she has no interest in riding her own motorcycle and seems content to be on the back of mine. The closest she's come is voicing an interest in possibly riding off road after we saw On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter.EmptySea_imp said:...or hook her up with an MSF course and she can ride her own bike.![]()




metallyguitarded_imp said:There was a professional photographer on the side of the road along the Angeles Crest Highway who captured a few shots of me and my wife as we rode past. He goes by the name Victory Jon and sells his photos through his website Highway Photos Homepage. After the ride, I found his website and searched through all the photos until I found ours. After exchanging a couple emails with Jon, I decided to buy them! I have plenty of photos of my bikes at a stand still but only a few in motion and, until now, none of the CB in motion. Jon did a panoramic shot putting the three photos together which turned out great. Not sure how it will show up here but I'll try posting it. I plan on getting it printed and framed.
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ZZZ_6974.jpg.html]
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ZZZ_6975.jpg.html]
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/James_Panorama.jpg.html]
What do you think to divert that river out this a way? Its darn DRY out here, and it doesn't look good for any rain any time soon.Randy B_imp said:What do you think to divert that river out this a way? Its darn DRY out here, and it doesn't look good for any rain any time soon.mgoodie_imp said:[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/mgoodie/media/IMG_0190_zpsc1cf063a.jpg.html]
Little evening ride out to the swollen Missouri river.![]()
That particular ride was during a celebrity charity ride organized by two (beautiful) actresses from the Battlestar Galactica series who organize various rides around L.A. for different charities. There were a couple guys from Sons of Anarchy on the ride and some lesser known celebrities as well. At the pre-ride briefing, one of the ladies announced that the photographer would be there taking photos. I didn't remember his name afterwards but there's a guy in San Diego who does something similar on some of our more popular riding roads so I just Google searched using the date and "Angeles Crest Highway photos" and found him. Then I had to scroll through hundreds of photos until I found ours.Rboe_imp said:That is pretty cool!
So, how did you find out who shot the pics? Does he have a sign?
