Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

I wanted to show pics from my first trip on the CB with my 17yo. About a 600 mile round trip from Birmingham AL, to Chattanooga TN. We camped and went white water rafting. After looking, I didn't have as many pics of the CB as I thought, and going against post rules one or two are at gas stations throughout our trip. Hope you enjoy. I also added a forbidden driveway shot, but it was one my wife took before we left.

LLCVega
Well that didn't work, let me try something else. Some of these pics might violate some of the post rules. But I'm still trying to figure out the best way to show pics.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/brettgou...sort=3&o=4
 
Ther Ferret wrote: Here's one I took on tonight's ride. A house over looking the Ohio River built to look like a steam boat

Very nice picture: I like a lot the bike and the house too.
It reminds me one of Lucky Luke's adventure ...

 
Brett Gould_imp said:
I wanted to show pics from my first trip on the CB with my 17yo. About a 600 mile round trip from Birmingham AL, to Chattanooga TN. We camped and went white water rafting. After looking, I didn't have as many pics of the CB as I thought, and going against post rules one or two are at gas stations throughout our trip. Hope you enjoy. I also added a forbidden driveway shot, but it was one my wife took before we left.

LLCVega
Well that didn't work, let me try something else. Some of these pics might violate some of the post rules. But I'm still trying to figure out the best way to show pics.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/brettgou...sort=3&o=4

Brett... Great pics, but the "rules" do not prohibit pictures of subjects other than the CB. Your ride with your son sounds like a terrific "Seat Time" report and I, who also has a teenage son who rides, would read it with great interest. You can insert (I think) up to 15 images per post related to your ride.

Oh crap, LOL, just remembered that my son is not a teen. He turned 20 in May :s
 
Thread starter
Brett Gould_imp said:
I wanted to show pics from my first trip on the CB with my 17yo. About a 600 mile round trip from Birmingham AL, to Chattanooga TN. We camped and went white water rafting. After looking, I didn't have as many pics of the CB as I thought, and going against post rules one or two are at gas stations throughout our trip. Hope you enjoy. I also added a forbidden driveway shot, but it was one my wife took before we left.

LLCVega
Well that didn't work, let me try something else. Some of these pics might violate some of the post rules. But I'm still trying to figure out the best way to show pics.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/brettgou...sort=3&o=4

Brett, don't sweat the 'rules' so much. They are more intended as a guideline than a hard and fast rule. Just trying to keep the pics interesting by showing some good scenery in the background. :beerchug:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Brett Gould_imp said:
I wanted to show pics from my first trip on the CB with my 17yo. About a 600 mile round trip from Birmingham AL, to Chattanooga TN. We camped and went white water rafting. After looking, I didn't have as many pics of the CB as I thought, and going against post rules one or two are at gas stations throughout our trip. Hope you enjoy. I also added a forbidden driveway shot, but it was one my wife took before we left.

LLCVega
Well that didn't work, let me try something else. Some of these pics might violate some of the post rules. But I'm still trying to figure out the best way to show pics.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/brettgou...sort=3&o=4

Brett... Great pics, but the "rules" do not prohibit pictures of subjects other than the CB. Your ride with your son sounds like a terrific "Seat Time" report and I, who also has a teenage son who rides, would read it with great interest. You can insert (I think) up to 15 images per post related to your ride.

Oh crap, LOL, just remembered that my son is not a teen. He turned 20 in May :s

Brett... Great pics, but the "rules" do not prohibit pictures of subjects other than the CB. Your ride with your son sounds like a terrific "Seat Time" report and I, who also has a teenage son who rides, would read it with great interest. You can insert (I think) up to 15 images per post related to your ride.

Oh crap, LOL, just remembered that my son is not a teen. He turned 20 in May :s
Its ok, I just realized I put 17 yo and he is 15. Alzheimer's setting in. Although he looks 17.
 
Beautiful scenery...and an adorable pillion!
 
One last warm weekend up here,they said temps. in the 60s, very nice day for a ride.
[/img]
No color left in the trees ( I have been raking it off my front yard for
the last 3 weeks!)
[/img]
The sun never gets very high in the sky this time of the year so a
lot of the smaller roads high in the hills are always in the shade. The real small ones are some of my faves. Some my old friends used to say I was always taking them on " Steve's driveways".
[/img]
 
Nice pics CA. Hate to see those trees with no color. I know what follows, and it ain't pretty.
 
I really appreciate the roads I ride here in Oz but this thread always throws up some great pics that make me get that " I wish that ....." feeling. Nice work boys.

Cheers
 
Autumn is a bit late here as we have had a wonderful indian summer. I just got back from a 3 week trip to Asia and the weekend is just amazing. Sure, chilly in the morning, and the leaves are changing colour, but what a great ride this afternoon!!

 
Hit the Grotto in Cavecreek this morning.... Notice I added the 2014 side covers and Chip's CB500 mirrors, Also, the MSR windscreen with Laminar Lip.
 
Henrik..still looks pretty green there. Indian summer is a great time of the year to ride.

Rboe..also looks like you added rim tape. Side covers look good! Also like the 78 Wing behind your bike.
 
The Wing is JJ's, another Guzzi rider (but between Guzzi's) and the Wing is for sale. An excellent bike (wants less than $4K for it, and I'd score on it but frankly the CB ticks all my Honda/retro Honda urges).

I put the tape on many moons ago, one of the better farkles I think; but I like pinstripe on wheels. I think the side covers were an extravagant splurge as they don't add anything useful to the bike; but darn, they just look right. :)
I also prefer the lower look of the CB500 mirrors and the black goes well with the case savers and engine. Again, I think they look better and match my Griso as far as mirror position go so they feel better to use. Thanks ChipBeck!!
 
Probably a good thing that wing is thousands of miles from my check book!

Does looking thru the Laminar lip at the top of the shield bother you any?
 
Back
Top